Online bill pay stopped working and am getting endless runarounds from Verizon
douglerner

For 6 years I've been paying my mother's landline phone for basic lifeline service.

Two months ago this stopped working. When I try to login, at the point where it says "retrieving your account information" I get an error "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience."

So the bill is overdue. Technical support is useless. I called several days ago but they never got back to me. I never got the email acknowledgment for my support ticket that they promised me either.

I tried calling again and they wouldn't even check to see if a ticket had been entered! And that was after being transferred to a supervisor.

The best they could offer me was pay by phone for a $3.50 service charge. Why should I have to pay $3.50 when it is the Verizon bill pay system that is the cause of the problem. Plus the entire bill is just $3.50! My mother's lifeline service in her nursing home is just $1.85/month.

Tech support finally transferred me to a number that was closed for the day.

Does anybody know how to resolve this or reach somebody at Verizon who can actually help?

The "web support number" I was given was {edited for privacy}, but they are clearly useless so far. And if I call the main customer support number all I end up getting are offers to pay the bill for a $3.50 service charge.

I even tried recreating the online account, but since I already have an online account that didn't help.

Their customer service is so awful! At least I know which company I will not use for my next cell phone.

Anyway, does anybody have any ideas about what I can do?

Thank you,

doug

0 Likes
Re: Online bill pay stopped working and am getting endless runarounds from Verizon
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi douglerner,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes