Override Code for FIOS Digital Voice?
sunan
Enthusiast - Level 1

For ten years I used the "Do Not Disturb" feature on my non-FIOS Verizon landline, and it has been the most valuable feature I have on my phone. I had a list of up to 15 numbers that would "ring through" and, in addition, I had a pin number I could give out to anyone I wished so they could override the system and ring through. A few days ago, our household upgraded to FIOS Triple Play. Why am I now allowed only ten numbers--five less than before??? Also, I can't find ANYWHERE in the user's guide--or anywhere else--about setting up a pin number for family and friends to be able to override "Do Not Disturb" if necessary. This is especially important if a family member can't call on their own phone for some reason. It's also important because ten numbers isn't enough for friends and family. HELP???!!! Is there no override function on the FIOS "Do Not Disturb" feature? If there is, where are the instructions for setting up the pin?

Re: Override Code for FIOS Digital Voice?
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You have more freedom to control and program numbers from the digital voice website. Go to verizon.com/fiosvoice . To login to change your phone settings, enter your verizon username (which is also your verizon email address) at the top left. There is a user guide link at the bottom right showing how to make any changes to your phone line via the website. If you need any assistance setting this up, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
Re: Override Code for FIOS Digital Voice?
sunan
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anthony, thanks for your reply, but this is the user guide I was talking about. The one that says, VERIZON FIOS DIGITAL VOICE USER'S GUIDE. There's a family of four on the front, and the son has a blue soccer ball. That user's guide says nothing about an override pin number like I had before for ten years on my regular Verizon landline phone. I desperately need to be able to have an override pin number, and if it's available on the old Verizon, then it should be available on Verizon Fios. Let me give you an example of why the override pin is important. I keep Do Not Disturb on 24 hours a day because I get so many random sales calls all the time, and with Do Not Disturb, I don't even have to hear the phone ring--unless it's someone on my call list callling or someone who has my pin override. But the call list only allows me 10 numbers (it was 15 before) so I do rely on the override pin to let other people through when I feel like it, and besides, I have more than 10 relatives/family and close friends. Without a pin override, I can't get their calls at all. What if my daughter is stuck out somewhere with a dead phone and uses a friend's phone to call me? Without a pin override, she can't even get through. Can you help me with this? If the pin override isn't available, then Verizon needs to expand the software and include it like before. I used this service successfully for ten years, but now I may have to stop using it. It's nearly useless without the pin override and only 10 numbers on the call list. Thank you, Anthony. Any help would be very much appreciated!