Parental Controls in Digital Voice
TomHugh

When I go to Digital Voice on my set top box it always asks if I want to set up Parental Controls.  I mistakenly hit yes.  Now, I can't get back in.  Where do I disable this?  There is nothing in the User Guide.

0 Likes
Re: Parental Controls in Digital Voice
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You can change the parental control settings by pressing menu, then going to SETTINGS then to PARENTAL CONTROLS. If you do not have your pin or can't login to change the settings, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
theking

I had the same problem. I had done the same thing. Unplug the box. You can leave the TV on. Wait 15 or more seconds. Plug the box back in. Wait for it to cycle through the initiating process. When the time shows up on the front of the box - if you left the TV on you will see the screen show press MENU on the remote to get a signal to you TV. Then you should have the question asking you if you want to set parental controls again. Just press NO and you should be back to where you were originally.

0 Likes
JemmyDucks
Thanks. That did the trick.
0 Likes
delwool

I too accidentally hit "yes" to activate parental controls, I went to the menu, created a pin then turned them off, but I still cannot view my call log or voice mails from my television.  What do I do?

0 Likes
valeriol

You'll need to power cycle the box (unplug, wait 15 seconds, plug back in).

This is by Verizon, you can't expect it to work properly.

0 Likes
4wheeler
Thank you! Your advice of unplugging the set top box etc worked perfectly.
0 Likes
mark_schlegel
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the exact same problem, I was sloppy in using the digital voice menu and accidentally hit "yes" on the parental control question.  So I went into the "resetpin" page on verizon.com/resetpin, got the temp pin by email from there and used that to set the pin back to a memorable 0000.  But the stupid call logs are still locked even thought the parental controls all show as "OFF".   What they really need is to have the parental control activation ONLY in the web site, then you'd reduce this accidental lockout to being nearly impossible since you'd not hit it accidentally in the remote. Or a good compromise would be to bury it in the menu-> settings somewhere and away from the DV call logs menu.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes