Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Perfunctory Supervisor at Verizon

Contributor
Contributor

Perfunctory Supervisor at Verizon

Message 1 of 2
(1,807 Views)

I added call waiting feature to my existing landline at Verizon.com, but I was not sure how to use it, so I removed this feature, and then I added back on since I do need it, but Verizon.com charged me over $100 order fee for my unfamiliarity. I called in and happened to talk with a supervisor, {edited for privacy}, name, Keith (hope I spelled it right), was very rude on the phone, and not professional at all. Just wanted to show off how much power he as a supervisor he has. A word "perfunctory" can describe how he handled the call. Everything I asked, his responses were "NO". I asked him to check the record, he said he didn't see any record, obviously he didn't borther to check. I explained to him that from my understanding no company in this world if the customer wants to add additional service to the account will charge you for adding fee (order fee). He said anytime you place an order, there is a fee... I asked for complain at customer relation, he responded: "All I can give is 1800Verizon". I ask for policy (fee schedule) sent to me, he said "NO" to that, too. I had to call back, another staff (not a supervisor)  had this issue taken care of and issued me the credit.

Therefore, I think it is challenge for this supervisor to take this position and his customer service skill is even worse than his staff and I do think this young man definitely needs training or probation toward his career at Verizon, otherwise the entire company's reputation is ruined. I also run a business, too. If I receive a complain like this, this supervisor will be fied right away. So many people out there are looking for job, and you don't even care or value the job you have, then it is time to let someone else who can do their job right do it.

My last name is Asian last name and I speak English with some accent. If he just treated me this way for this particular phone call only, then it is a big question mark for discrimination. 

1 REPLY 1
vz_ric
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Perfunctory Supervisor at Verizon

Message 2 of 2
(1,737 Views)

We do take matters such as you describe quite seriously and hope you understand that they are the exception and not the rule. I truly, truly apologize for what happened and am glad that another agent was able to take care of it for you. Please feel free to contact our customer relations dept at 1-800-483-7988 so that they make take actions to avoid any repeat of this situation in the future. Thank you for choosing Verizon and Happy New Year.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.