Phone Line Dead - Verizon Said Solved Today - Still Dead
PhillyCard
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone line went dead last week one day after I ordered the addition of DSL and repair was scheduled for today May 31.

There was also an automated message about the DSL order stating not only that DSL was scheduled to be added today, but that also and strangely my phone service was scheduled to be turned on today as well, before I called for repair.

When I called for repair last week, the technical support rep said he ran a test on my line indicating a phone cable was "cut" which would be outside the building where I live, and that it only affected me and my phone service.  Repair was scheduled for today.  I was also told someone would need to enter my apt.  Just a little while ago, I received a text message stating that my repair request had been resolved, but the phone line is still dead, and no one came to visit my apartment.

I just called for repair again, and this time only reached the automated system.  The automated system told me it was running a test on my line when I said there was "no dial tone."  It found a problem and said it is "most likely in our network," and scheduled repair for the earliest Friday June 3.

What is going on with this?  And why would the automated message I received for the DSL order state that my phone service was also scheduled to be turned on today if the phone line had not simply been turned off to begin with as well, rather than the reason for my phone line going dead last week being a real technical problem that occured?  My phone line was fine for almost 13 years prior to going dead one day after ordering DSL.

0 Likes
Re: Phone Line Dead - Verizon Said Solved Today - Still Dead
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi PhillyCard,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes