Phone Service
MEckhardt

I have had a residential plan with Verizon for several years.  It was my intent to get FIOS Triple Play, so that my home would have the best of three.  I was told that my old account would need to be deactivated and a new account created.  To ensure I kept my old number I would have to call AFTER my phone service was disconnected to request it.  As of Friday, 4 Nov, my home phone was disconnected and I called Verizon at 1-877-786-6083 and again provided them with my ssn and birthdate.  During the phone conversation it was discovered that Verizon had the wrong address for me to install on Saturday, 5 Nov.  Because of the corrected address, I would not be able to get Verizon FIOS Triple Play service until 12 November.  I requested until that time I have the old phone number reactivated as soon as possible.  I was told that it would be activated within the next 24 hours.  This was after waiting for a service rep 45 minutes and another hour online with the service rep to ensure accuracy of address and service request.  It is now Sunday morning, 6 Nov, I am still without phone service and even calling the 1-800-837-4966 number I am being told that there is no order to reactivate service and no one can help me till normal business hours on Monday.  THIS IS VERY WRONG!!

0 Likes
Re: Phone Service
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I'm sorry to hear about your recent issue. The Verizon Forums is a peer-to-peer support channel in which users help other users. Because your issue appears to need account specific assistance from Verizon, I've moved your message to an employee monitored board, where a Verizon representative can assist you. You will be contacted by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account as soon as possible. 

0 Likes