Phone still rings with Do Not Disturb activated
floodwaker

My landline receives calls at all hours of the night from various numbers.  There is never anyone on the line, and it appears to be from some sort of auto-dialing system.  I called Verizon support a couple of months ago, and they told me to block the numbers.  The problem is, the calls come from different area codes and numbers every time, so that is ineffective.  I asked if there is an option to block auto-dialer calls, as service which other phone companies provide, but they informed me that Verizon does not provide this service to its customers.  They then told me to turn on Do Not Disturb during hours that we sleep.  This is less than ideal, since we it means that nobody can reach us in the middle of the night, even people we know who may have an emergency.

I have turned on Do Not Disturb, but the phone keeps on ringing.  I have logged into my Verizon acount online and confirmed that the service is setup, but we received a call at midnight two days ago, and we received calls at 2:30am and 5:00am this morning.  Please help.  My wife is pregnant, we both work full time, and the disturbance in our sleep is very frustrating.  We are tempted to simply get rid of our landline to solve this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Phone still rings with Do Not Disturb activated
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi floodwaker,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Phone still rings with Do Not Disturb activated
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

floodwalker,

Having addressed your concerns with the DND feature we are closing your Private Support Case. If you have any other questions about your account or services please make a new post and we will be happy to assist in every way that we can.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes