Phone via FiOS
DCJack2
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've had FiOS for a couple of years now, with few problems. But yesterday our telephone service suddenly developed a serious problem: incoming calls are directed instantly to Verizon voicemail. We hear a brief fragment of the phone ring, and then it's gone to voicemail.

Tried to fix this via Verizon chat (the interent connection is working fine). He tried disabling call forwarding and do not disturb, without effect.

I'm waiting for a Verizon tech now, but I wonder, has this problem been encountered before? and if so, how was it solved?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Phone via FiOS
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely a short on the wire. Could be from the main fios box, wiring or eve a phone. Definitely will need help from the Tech. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most likely a short on the wire. Could be from the main fios box, wiring or eve a phone. Definitely will need help from the Tech. 

Re: Phone via FiOS -- all incoming calls go straight to voicemail
VirginiaK
Enthusiast - Level 1

In my case, someone inadvertently entered the access code "*78," which is the "Do Not Disturb - Activate" code.  *79, "Do Not Disturb - Disable," fixed the problem.  The "Call Features" under "Phone Management" showed that "Do Not Disturb" was "Not Active" -- as were the various types of Call Forwarding (busy and all), which can be disabled by *73. 

0 Likes
Re: Phone via FiOS -- all incoming calls go straight to voicemail
beachplumpnb

You solved my problem (after hours with automated helpers, automated chats, waiting for a person for over an hour)!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes