quick menu

Phone via FiOS

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor DCJack2
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(1,071 Views)

We've had FiOS for a couple of years now, with few problems. But yesterday our telephone service suddenly developed a serious problem: incoming calls are directed instantly to Verizon voicemail. We hear a brief fragment of the phone ring, and then it's gone to voicemail.

Tried to fix this via Verizon chat (the interent connection is working fine). He tried disabling call forwarding and do not disturb, without effect.

I'm waiting for a Verizon tech now, but I wonder, has this problem been encountered before? and if so, how was it solved?

2 REPLIES 2
Silver Contributor IV Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 2 of 3
(1,045 Views)

Most likely a short on the wire. Could be from the main fios box, wiring or eve a phone. Definitely will need help from the Tech. 

Contributor VirginiaK
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(400 Views)

In my case, someone inadvertently entered the access code "*78," which is the "Do Not Disturb - Activate" code.  *79, "Do Not Disturb - Disable," fixed the problem.  The "Call Features" under "Phone Management" showed that "Do Not Disturb" was "Not Active" -- as were the various types of Call Forwarding (busy and all), which can be disabled by *73. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios