Phone
Firelady42

I just renewed my FIOS triple play on 12/14/12. When I went to dial my next door neighbor later in the day, the message said I first had to dial the area code. How ridiculous is that! Why did Verizon change my service without letting me know? Why should I have to dial an area code for the same area I'm dialing? Give me back my original service.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@Firelady42 wrote:

I just renewed my FIOS triple play on 12/14/12. When I went to dial my next door neighbor  ... I first had to dial the area code. ... Why did Verizon change my service without letting me know? Why should I have to dial an area code for the same area I'm dialing? ...

Ten digit dialing is a requirement for FiOS Digital Voice (as it is for essentially all similar telco services).  Evidently you did not merely "renew" your Triple Play, but instead converted your former telephone service to FiOS Digital Voice.  This  requirement is documented in the FiOS literature., and I recall that when I converted my service I received some pretty detailed messages and brochures advising me of this requirement.

For additional details type "dial area code" or "ten digit dialing" in the  "Ask The Community" search box near the top of this page.  Also, if you find this burden is just too much, try setting up speed dial entries for your most commonly called numbers..  I suspect that this type of dialing is pretty much the standard nowadays, and it probably seems a bit onerous to some.  Talk about changes in  phone service: I can remember when out phone number started with "Evergreen" instead of numbers..  That change sure caused a fuss.
0 Likes