Poor landline service!!!!
countrygal3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live in a rural area outside of Syracuse, NY, a city which made our local news this year when city officials accused Verizon of ignoring certain areas by not offering FIOS because these areas were considered low income areas.    FIOS is not available on my road.  Heck, landline is not available on my road!!! My phone is out of service at least every other month.   One time I went 3 months without service.  I  have elderly neighbors who don't complain like they should and they are often without service.   I know my road is not the only area with issues.  Is Verizon waiting for us to go to cell phones?    'Cause it sure as heck won't be with Verizon!!  Just got done talking to a repair tech who assured me lines will be replaced.  ???? I was promised that 10 years ago!  Supervisor won't give me credit for no phone service, only on days with an open ticket?  I told him sorry I work three jobs, run a farm and have a surgery coming up plus couldn't run the 30 plus miles one way (which I did) just to find out the problem was NOT my phone, YET AGAIN!!!!   I have had many farm and human emergencies where dr's or vets could not be called because phone was not working.  Thank goodness for a local start-up who runs a tower in the area for my wifi.  {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Poor landline service!!!!
countrygal3
Enthusiast - Level 2

So here it is Nov. 20 and the lines in my area are still NOT FIXED!!!  After my line was supposedly fixed, my neighbors went out, they reported theirs, supposedly fixed, now the OTHER neighbor out.  SO, THE LINES WERE OBVIOUSLY NEVER FIXED YET AGAIN!  I am wondering too, if Verizon has crossed my line again as has happened many times before.  I just heard from a co-worker that her mother-in-law who lives in the area has been without Verizon service for over a week and she depends on life-line.  My co-worker and her family can and are switching to another company, as are friends who live on another road.  I am stuck, Verizon keeps taking my money for poor service.  No wonder I am ignored when I complain, Verizon is too busy laughing. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi countrygal,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

countrygal,

We closed your private support case due to no repsonse. Hope everything is well. Feel free to make a new case anytime you need our help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes
countrygal3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ironic that I get this message on the same day I am reporting STILL NO SERVICE from OCTOBER!  Ironic too that Verizon suggests that I check this board frequently.  HA HA HA! 

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We are reopening your private support case.

Please follow the instructions that LawrenceC provided you for accessing your support case.  This public thread is NOT where you need to respond.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Countrygal, we have closed  your private support case out once again due to no response. We hope the reason you are  not responding is because your issue has been taken care of.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes