Port Phone Number from Ooma to Fios/Digital Voice
dannysal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just signed up for the triple play and I want to bring my phone number with me from Ooma.  I can't find a form on the Verizon Fios website to do this.  My Ooma number is still active.  What is the process?  Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port Phone Number from Ooma to Fios/Digital Voice
jonjones1
Legend

The process is called PORTING

you contact Verizon 1-800-VERIZON and tell them to Port in your number from Ooma.

please note they will need your full phone number, your account number at Ooma, and any security pin you may have on your Ooma account. Additionally Ooma is famous for making the loss of a customer very hard. And yes keep Ooma active until it’s ported to Verizon . They can only port active numbers.

Please watch your credit or debit card statements after your finally ported out from Ooma. They are famous for continuous billing after you leave. Something about you have to call them to cancel, and they will say you have to sell or give to another person the Ooma Telo device. You do not have to do this and stay firm and get names of Ooma people you spoke to, and get a confirmation number for cancellation. Also tell them no further charges will be paid and will notify your card company of non service.

trust me Ooma is bad so be very careful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The process is called PORTING

you contact Verizon 1-800-VERIZON and tell them to Port in your number from Ooma.

please note they will need your full phone number, your account number at Ooma, and any security pin you may have on your Ooma account. Additionally Ooma is famous for making the loss of a customer very hard. And yes keep Ooma active until it’s ported to Verizon . They can only port active numbers.

Please watch your credit or debit card statements after your finally ported out from Ooma. They are famous for continuous billing after you leave. Something about you have to call them to cancel, and they will say you have to sell or give to another person the Ooma Telo device. You do not have to do this and stay firm and get names of Ooma people you spoke to, and get a confirmation number for cancellation. Also tell them no further charges will be paid and will notify your card company of non service.

trust me Ooma is bad so be very careful.

0 Likes
dannysal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the prompt reply and for the warning about Ooma.  I just called Verizon and it should be ported by Wednesday.  

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Very happy to have assisted.

0 Likes