quick menu

Porting a landline number from Comcast

Porting a landline number from Comcast

Highlighted
Contributor ArthurLarsen
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(671 Views)

After many calls and multiple orders porting a number from Comcast has still not been completed. Even with exisitng order numbers it seems the process starts fresh every time and never gets completed! Phone hold times are horrible and being transferred to third party verification drops you into a black hole. This should not be so difficult.

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor ArthurLarsen
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(668 Views)

After a thirty minute call, transferred to third party verification, they want to confirm transferring my existing Verizon number to Verizon!

Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 3
(655 Views)

@ArthurLarsen wrote:

After a thirty minute call, transferred to third party verification, they want to confirm transferring my existing Verizon number to Verizon!

There is a line to call at the FCC to have them intervene on porting issues.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/360001201223

They have the complaint form online, or call them. Additionally many states have a Public Service Commission or Public Utilities Commission Just google your states office. They regulate the phone companies. A porting should be easy for them.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios