Porting from Vonage to Verizon Digital Voice - what's the deal?
lewisgoulden
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I'm going through the hoops with VZ and Vonage - one company says one thing and the other says the opposite. After a disconnect and reconnect and 5 phone calls, I'm back to square one with trying to port my Vonage number to Digital Voice.

Last week a VZ CSR told me in order to port my Vonage number, I needed to reactivate my Vonage account, and then call back VZ to ask for a number port.

A few days ago I did reactivate Vonage, and the number works on the Vonage line.

Today, I called VZ to ask them for a number port, and a VZ CSR tells me they cannot port from Vonage. What's the deal here? I see several people on these forums have successfully done so (Vonage -> VZ), so someone is not telling the truth here.

Anyone know the answer? Can it be done? Dare I call VZ again to see if I get a different answer?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Porting from Vonage to Verizon Digital Voice - what's the deal?
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we were able to take care of your issue. Let us know if you need any other assistance. Have a great day.

-Jose_VZ

View solution in original post

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lewisgoulden,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Glad we were able to take care of your issue. Let us know if you need any other assistance. Have a great day.

-Jose_VZ

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep community discussion current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue, then please feel free to post a new message on the board that best matches the subject of your message. Thanks!

0 Likes