Possible solution to Unable to login to Verizon Call Assistant
hoyu23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got Verizon Fios phone & internet in April 2010. An email was sent to me saying "Congratulations! You've got Verizon Call Assistant"  It tells me to activate the product by going to verizon.com/callassistant. It tells me to select "Activate" button. I click on that and it ask for my billing phone number. I type that in and then it ask do I have a Verizon.com userID and password? I do and it brings me to Terms and Conditions page. I accept and it brings me to this Verizon Call Assistant Sign In page.

I'm guessing the UserID and password is the same that I use for Verizon.com. So I type that in and after that, I get a blank page. I click refresh, still a blank page.

Anyway, I went to Verizon.com and was able to download VCA from "myVerizon" by clicking on "Home Phone" tab. It shows a list of phone numbers made to my phone. In order to download VCA, I click on "view all calls" which brings me to Verizon Call Assistant. It shows me all the phone numbers that called my home phone number. On left side, there is "Client Download" button.

I download and install it. My default internet browser was Mozilla Firefox and I tried to log in and it didn't work. So I changed it to Internet Explorer and now everything works.

0 Likes
Re: Possible solution to Unable to login to Verizon Call Assistant
david-woodward
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not familiar with the Verizon Call Assistant, but do you use the NoScript add-on for Firefox?

If so, you may want to check out this post that relates to configuring NoScript for the community forums login.  The key is checking your error console to see what NoScript blocks when you try to sign in on the web page.

0 Likes