Possible to direct FiOS VoiceMail to non-Verizon email account?
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

I'm trying to figure out how I can be sure of email access to my FiOS Voicemail when traveling overseas. This month Verizon shut down access to verizon.net email accounts overseas and I was unable to retrieve my voicemail (which I had directed to go to my email before leaving home). This is an important feature to me because it lets me get my phone messages without paying for international phone calls. I have confirmed (by Verizon employee response to another post) that it is indeed not currently possible to access my verizon email account overseas, i.e. it is not just my account or a problem with my access devices.

So - does anybody know if you can direct your voicemail to a non-verizon email account (perhaps gmail)?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Possible to direct FiOS VoiceMail to non-Verizon email account?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@djb wrote:

So - does anybody know if you can direct your voicemail to a non-verizon email account (perhaps gmail)?

Yes, you can send voicemail emails to any email account.  I have my own domain and use it with no problem.

Personally, i do very little with Verizon's email.  I like knowing that I can switch ISPs without going through an email address change.  There are so many better options for email than Verizon, there really isn't much a reason to use them.

If you get a gmail account, you can set it up to pull your Verizon email as well giving you a one-stop email service.

Outlook.com is another good, free service, although it's spam filters aren't as good as gmail.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@djb wrote:

Yes, you can send voicemail emails to any email account.  I have my own domain and use it with no problem.

Personally, i do very little with Verizon's email.  I like knowing that I can switch ISPs without going through an email address change.  There are so many better options for email than Verizon, there really isn't much a reason to use them.

If you get a gmail account, you can set it up to pull your Verizon email as well giving you a one-stop email service.

Outlook.com is another good, free service, although it's spam filters aren't as good as gmail.

Good Luck.

djb5
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you gs0b - I'll study and test the suggestions you gave me. I do have a gmail account but am still learning to use it so had not switched important things there yet. So much to learn!

I'm very pleased to know I can direct my voicemail to another email account!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Another neat thing about Gmail is that it can give you access to other email accounts and serves as a nice work around when you can't get your emails over seas.

Follow these steps if you want to try to get access to your @verizon.net email

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?hl=en
djb5
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you for the extra info, Hubrisnxs. I did have problems working with the gmail/verizon interface but will work those with the gmail support info you provided and gmail forums (turned out my attempt didn't go well, bcz my gmail account isn't related to my Google account so I'll have to work that separately). My plan at this point is to get off verizon email totally since I can't know when/if they'll prevent me from accessing it.

0 Likes
BusyMom123
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is useless, though, to direct them to a Gmail account, because you still can't listen to them.  No matter which player I try to use, none of them work.  I can't listen unless I go to Verizon's site and that has Tech issues constantly.  

0 Likes