Rate increases
onecrunch

Where can you find information online about upcoming rate increases for business and residential phone services?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Rate increases
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

These announcements contain important information regarding product information, security alerts, terms of service changes, service   changes and other important and useful information.

https://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_help_announcement

0 Likes
ideserveanswers

@ Anthony_VZ,

i would like to know where the recent rental equipment rate increases were announced at, because I know for sure I did not receive anything by mail or by email and there doesn't seem to be any listing for that in your above link, in fact I am not able to find that information anywhere on the verizon website.(and I have been looking for several hours now) It would be really nice as a loyal customer for nearly 20 years I would be informed of any and all changes made to my existing account, prior to the changes being made! Verizon is so adamant about holding us to our contracts is it too much for us to expect the same courtesy when it comes to changes regarding those said accounts/contracts?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@ideserveanswers wrote:

@ Anthony_VZ,

i would like to know where the recent rental equipment rate increases were announced at, because I know for sure I did not receive anything by mail or by email and there doesn't seem to be any listing for that in your above link, in fact I am not able to find that information anywhere on the verizon website.(and I have been looking for several hours now) It would be really nice as a loyal customer for nearly 20 years I would be informed of any and all changes made to my existing account, prior to the changes being made! Verizon is so adamant about holding us to our contracts is it too much for us to expect the same courtesy when it comes to changes regarding those said accounts/contracts?

Not to defend Verizon, because I have not received any mail, email, message, or anything either, but if you go to My Verizon and get into your account, then say you want to upgrade your hardware, you should see this (at least I do):

The info may be available via other paths, but this is where I can see it for sure. Since you do not identify where you are located, I suppose it could be different in your area.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ideserveanswers

Thank you for your response , unfortunately for me to see that tidbit of information(which states changes effective July 15, 2012) i would of actually had to click that i wanted to upgrade/return equipment in order to see that. To me that is not an informative way to tell your customers that their current equipment rental fees are going to be increasing. My current bill reflected the rate increase on the DVR rental already and its not even for the July billing cycle.

0 Likes
Meri1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ran into the same issue. My contract expired and went from $79.99 to $119.99. I was a Verizon Fios customer for 4 years. I spoke with a customer service rep and a supervisor and the best they could do with a new contract was $142 / month with Cinemax, Showtime, TMC, dropped phone, and Interent dropped to 15/5. I cancelled service since they don't appreciate loyal customers. The supervisor said its like buying a new car, you don't get the same price. I replied your comparing apples to oranges, your product is a service where as a car I own after its paid off. See ya Verizon.