Really getting tired of filing repair orders
rainnotwork
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have probably been without a phone or unable to hear on the phone because of static  for most of this month. My bill is due and I just can't bring myself to pay it.  I can pick up the phone and hear lots of static, if I actually have a dial tone.  Most of the time there is no dial tone and you can't use it anyway.  It rings once and there is nobody there. (That happens a lot). Or if someone calls you and it actually works, it suddenly goes dead. And the person calls back and it says there is no Network available. (That just happened).  Yesterday there was a technician at my house. He said he repaired some wires in the box. He also said he would call back today and make sure the problem was fixed. I haven't heard from him. The phone hasn't been working much today, so that may be why.  I would really like someone to resolve this problem, but you can't seem to get through to a live person.  I know the problems are with the old wiring and lines that need to be replaced (because every technician that has been out here says so).  I have scheduled another repair request, (A week from this Friday was the soonest I could get one).  Why do I still have Verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Really getting tired of filing repair orders
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

You had said that "I know the problems are with the old wiring and lines that need to be replaced (because every technician that has been out here says so)." If you know the problem is with the inside wiring then simply moving to another phone provider will give you the same problems. The fix would be to replace the old copper wiring that's causing the problem. It doesn't have to be Verizon that does this. Any general contractor/electrician can do this. Verizon is responsible for making sure we deliver a clear dial tone to your house. You can test this by plugging a phone into the telephone box on the outside of your house to check for quality. Once the dial tone is inside of your house, that's not Verizon's wiring. Do you have the inside wiring maintenance plan with Verizon? This covers repairs done to the wiring inside the home.

0 Likes
rainnotwork
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not talking about the inside wiring in my house. I am talking about the wiring on the poles at the street.  And I have been without phone service for another week!!! Because it rained! Thank u for replying but they need to replace all the telephone lines. Because when they get wet, I have no phone service! I have lived here for over 10 years and have had Verizon service for that long.  It has been this way for most of those 10 years. It has steadily gotten worse and worse over those past 10 years. By the way, my husband is a licensed electrician and the wiring in my house has been replaced.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Make sure the tech who shows up is aware the house has been rewired and issue is with the line on the poles and keep us up to date on the issue.

0 Likes
newyorker3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am having the same problem. There seems to be static on the line all the time also. We have had a technician out to our home for the past year and a half that we have owned the house. They have said the same thing about the phone lines outside the house, that they need to be upgraded. One technician said the last time the phone lines around us were replaced were in the 1950's. That was too long ago!! With the company so big you would think they would do a cost benefit analysis to see if the cost of putting in new lines would be cheaper than paying technicians to travel out to our home along with the cost of the materials used to fix the problem, etc.? It's not rocket science. We can't even get DSL on our phone lines if we wanted to because they are so old. I would love to so I can get rid of this satellite internet. Oh well. 

0 Likes
rainnotwork
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well they got my phone working today. I called Verizon to see if I could get a refund on the 18 days I have been without a phone this last month.  I talked to customer service and got hung up on twice after the person would put me on hold to check the repair center.  The third time I actually got a really nice person who helped me out.  I wish I remembered her name  so I could let everyone know there actually is a good person working who helped me out and did it quickly. We will see if I get a credit on my next bill.  I really hate being so negative about all this but it very frustrating.

Signed " Until it rains again"