Recommended phone with message indicator for Verizon Freedom Essentials package?
tvomalley

Does anyone recommend an expandable cordless phone that has a message indicator when I have a Verizon voicemail. I have the Verizon Freedom Essentials package. I prefer Panasonic.

Thanks,

T

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recommended phone with message indicator for Verizon Freedom Essentials package?
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@tvomalley wrote:

Does anyone recommend an expandable cordless phone that has a message indicator when I have a Verizon voicemail. I have the Verizon Freedom Essentials package. I prefer Panasonic.

Thanks,

T

tvomalley,

There are a great many things to consider when purchasing a new phone.  However, there are a couple things in particular that you will want to consider:

1. FSK compliance - this will assure that visual VM indicator works
  2. DECT 6.0 - this will avoid wireless interference with other wireless components in the house (i.e. your wireless router)

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

Re: Recommended phone with message indicator for Verizon Freedom Essentials package?
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@tvomalley wrote:

Thanks,

T

tvomalley,

There are a great many things to consider when purchasing a new phone.  However, there are a couple things in particular that you will want to consider:

1. FSK compliance - this will assure that visual VM indicator works
  2. DECT 6.0 - this will avoid wireless interference with other wireless components in the house (i.e. your wireless router)

Regards,

Chris

prisaz
Legend

Thanks tvomalley for asking.

My wife wants a new phone for the bedroom, and so do I.

Thanks to Chris for this bit of very useful information.

0 Likes
DaveCass
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't realize there was such a thing as VMWI until reading this post.  However, I've been searching the internet for 30 minutes now, and have checked the web sites for several stores that carry telephones.  I can't find VMWI or FSK listed as a feature on any of the phones I've been looking at.

I want a wired phone to hang on the wall in the kitchen that has a big LED light that comes one when there's a message -- like the light on a hotel phone.  I'd be just as likely to miss a liquid crystal display as I am to miss the interrupted dial tone.

Does anyone have a phone they can recommend... or a web site to check that sells them?

0 Likes