Repair Department, Do they really care?
sweetmarie

Once again today I had to request for phone line repair. There is always a constant hum on my land line phone. It has been there since I bought my house in July of 2009. Verizon has been out multiple times to repair it but it only lasts a couple of weeks and then the hum is back. These past 2 days the hum is worse and now there are crackles. I've tried to switch providers but they are limited in the country.

Today the repair department stated that the repair man would be at my house on monday before 9pm. That's 3 more days away. Don't really know why the 3 days bother me. It's not like I pretty much don't have reliable phone service any other days. I think it was the fact that since I've been dealing with this problem for so long I thought they would want to fix it sooner.

A small telephone co-op from the next town over is laying fios cables in my area. I so excited. If a small home town co-op can offer these type of services, why is it that a big company such as VERIZON cannot even provided the basic services?

Oh yeah, don't think that verizon offers me a discount either. I still pay the same price as everyone else for substandard service.

0 Likes
Re: Repair Department, Do they really care?
super8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could have written that post. In just over 6 years at this address (Burton, Tx) I have had almost 30 repair calls. Seems a bit excessive to me, but by VerizOFF's standards, it's OK. They get their money every month, and it's a crap shoot whether of not I get anything for it. Good luck on that FIOS switch. I hope you get to switch before VerizOFF drives you crazy, as it is me.

sherrysrvfan1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the exact same problem.  I just put my fourth repair call in.  I work from my home and am on the phone all day long for 8 straight hours. Only I can hear the hum, my customers cannot.  The hum has once again grown so loud that I can't hear my customers very well.  I have had the line from the connection at the road to my box replaced and the wiring in my box replaced. That reduced the hum to a level I could barely hear, but its back with a vengence now.  I live in a rural county and I believe the problem is in the lines beyond my exchange at the road.  I'd be willing to bet my neighbors that have land lines are experiencing the same problem.  All I can do is keep calling and hope that they eventually get so tired of me that they will do somethinng more.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi sherrysrvfan,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
GingersDad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similiar problem. Having problems with intermitent internet (DSL 768 kbps) and noise in the phone line. Also misterious Directory Calls billed to our account. Now today after a nice rain strorm two days ago our home alarm is going off due to the line completely loosing a connection. Now to wait 6 days to see if they will come and TRY to find the problem. We have had similiar problems for (8) eight years now. This is really getting old.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to make contact with you we are closing  your private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service please feel free to make another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes