Repair that didn't happen
j238nyc

I scheduled a repair of my landline a week ago.

This morning, I made a point of turning on my mobile (it it typically off) so I could get messages from Verizon, especially post-Irene. 

No repairman showed up.  No message about the appointment was received on my mobile. 

Waited all morning for nothing. 

0 Likes
Re: Repair that didn't happen
j238nyc

Finally got a message at 6PM telling me my appointment was rescheduled for Friday. 

The failure to notify me in advance of this change is unacceptable. 

Received an email telling me to access a private message by clicking on an envelope on the upper right, but I don't see any such envelope.   I'll try the 'private messages' header. 

0 Likes
j238nyc

One more thing.

I checked the keep me signed in box, but I keep getting prompted to sign-in, again and again.  Very annoying website. 

Am using Safari on a Mac. 

0 Likes
maryadoc

They came out today for my repair and said there wasn't enough voltage from the pole to my house for my house phone and internet.  Goodbye.   OMG!  Thats it.  Goodbye.  I have been trying to get them to forward my house calls to my cell for days now and they still can't figure out how to do it.  I use Verizon WHY?

0 Likes
levets

Everything with Verizon seems to automated...Customer service, repair even this verizon.com website.....Except the service tech who FINALLY gets to your house and then tells you "There's nothing he/she can do to help you....Switch to FIOS or Optimum Voice if you want service.

Read today's Newsday page A6 First column last paragraph according to John Bonomo Director of Media Relations....Sporadic problems (since the hurricane ??) . NO mention of a phone number (be nice to speak to a live person not a machine) or a web address ( which works as sporadically at best...At least for me).

Skim through the message board here.... Anybody read a positive comment or an "atta boy" to Verizon???

They must make a h-ll of a lot more $$$$ without the overhead of people taking care of their customers.

0 Likes
j238nyc

My Friday repair appointment, which was rescheduled from Monday, did not happen.  Again no notification. 

The repair overview shows a 13:00 commitment time that they did not honor.  The detail shows a 17:00 commitment time which they did not honor.  

Bad service.  Unreliable website. 

0 Likes
Zandaleeh

Did you ever hear anything else from them?  Can they can give you more information when you call?  My phone has been out since August 10th and still isn't fixed.  I posted about this yesterday, but Verizon removed my post and sent me a private message that they forwarded to to another board that Verizon employees review.  I noticed another post last night by someone who hasn't had FIOS service since August 9th.  That was no longer on the board this morning as well and so was obviously removed by Verizon.  I don't think we are alone.

0 Likes
vercommunity
Enthusiast - Level 2

mty phone has been out for more than a month.  no repair, they are doing nothing.  they are not supporting copper lines, tryomg to sell everyone fios.  i would like to know, can they be fined/

0 Likes
kagie

Since November 28th, my landline has not had a dial tone. The problem is a line that came down in the crawlspace. I had an appointment for today, December 10th. I was called on my cell to confirm the appointment. Today, I checked the order status to see that the repair man will arrive around 8 pm. As of 6 pm, my order status does not exist. I try to check on line and the response is "no pending orders." I have been home all day and no one has showed up or called. Another week or two without phone service and yet Verizon is still sending me phone bills! I have Comcast tv. How is Comcast phone? I know I get immediate service with them. I think it's ironic that the "elite" person, who scheduled my repair appointment, said "we do not want to lose you as a Verizon customer." I guess they changed their mind, since no one showed to help me or called to update me.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kagie

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes