Re: Repair time
ironman54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. I live alione up in the mountains. I have cardiac issues and a life alert phone. Still had to wait days to get my phone line looked at. I've been up looking out the window since 7:45 am anxiously awaiting the repiar truck to show - supposed to be here between 8am and 12N. Verizon has a cell # for me (son lent me his), they have my e-mail -NOTHING !!!! NOT A PEEP !!

Do they realize what peop-le go through when their phone line is out and you have to be available for the hours they dicctate ??????

Loss of 1/2 days pay is one thing, I adjusted accordingl;y but now a FULL 8 hours lost and I'm not even sure they will show !!

My line has been screwed up for months now but I waited to schedule service since winters here run -20 temps and I didn't think it was reasonable to ask someone to go out in that kind of weather etc. I did have a signal so I waited...

Last time I put then first, thats for sure. There is NO EXCUSE to not contact me to let me know of a delay...NONE !!!!!!

0 Likes
ironman54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just checked on the 'status'' of my repair - it now says "Repair does not require a technician" and repair is scheduled for "AROUND 12 noon". Huh ?????  What the HECK does this mean ??????? Have I been sitting around here losing money and no one is coming to my house ???????? Pleas good Lord, be with me now..... I'm at the end of my rope.

0 Likes
Hubo_VZ
Contributor - Level 2

Hi ironman / notsopleased / sickandtired  

Sorry that your phone is out, if your issue(s) still has not been resolved please, response to the private message that I have sent to each of you.

Thanks,

0 Likes
polchenko

@polchenko wrote:

I totally agree with you!  I just placed a repair request and the earliest available date for a tech is next Wednesday!  Verizon doesn't care if they lose customers.

With a medical issue in our home, this is ridiculous.  

I don't know if my forum posting had any effect but a Verizon tech showed up TODAY!  And we're good to go.  

Interesting.

0 Likes
ironman54
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been sitting here in the same place for 12 HOURS now and have heard nothing as to what to expect next. I don't know what to tell my family, what to tell my boss... I need to document here as my boss is not going to believe this. Who would ? I can't believe this let alone anyone else. How hard can it be to say 'Verizon has gone belly up" or "Your repairman's truck exploded on the way to your house this morning",

What's so freakin' hard about this ??? I need to tell my family something !! I've only a TracFone thats I've borrowed. My kids on vacation down south (college freshman) and the rest of my adult family is scattered all over the country - calls cost minutes and I'm already out a days pay for today. I need to make ONE simple call and let that family member take it from there for me but I have NO IDEA what to tell them !

Its now Friday - let me guess, Sat/Sun are out ?? Do I need to be here again Monday ? Do I ask for Monday off ?? Tuesday ?/ Wednesday ?? No idea ! Battery and minutes need to be conserved for 'emergency' use.  I have to use a pen tip to use this cell phone - hard enough under 'normal' conditions... I no longer have the use of my emergency pedant button and who knows for how long. Cell phones don't show 'location' and as I live up on the side of a mountain in the Adirondack Mts of NY, UPS has a hard time finding me. This is soooo comforting. Want to make someone feel like a nobody, nothing, spec of human debris ?? Heres the way.... and I just paid my bill a couple of days ago. (yes, while my phone was out of order). How stupid am I ?  Lesson learned.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW  ????????????????????????????????"

0 Likes
ironman54
Enthusiast - Level 2

GREAT ! They went to your house instead of mine...

I am happy for you. Sux to be me I guess....

0 Likes
ironman54
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please don't be insulted by this but do you have the inline filter for DSL installed/installed properly ?? If not, expect 'static' on your line.

I'd think this would be the first question any repair person would ask you. I'm sure ya know this but I used to work with a guy who repaired TVs (decades ago) on the side and he told me I wouldn't believe the amount of times he's asked, before going out to the house to work on TV, did you check to make sure the TV's plugged in ?" and got a sheepish reply 'Oh my, it was unplugged..."

0 Likes
tonyf821

Its July 2013 and the dail tomne on my land line just disappeared.  Verizon rather than work with me to try to figure out the problem (why does computer work through wall jack but not voice?) just wants me to agree to pay or not pay for whatever the technician finds out when he/she maybe arrives in 7 DAYS TIME!!  I've seen no other posts on week long repair times since 2011, has everybody just given up on land lines, I'm certainly tempted to do so.

0 Likes
gherlain

verizon installed my land line way too low on our street.

once again today a moving truck ripped the line cable and with it the whole side of my house siding. we called for repairs as the cables are laying on the street and have no more phone. they gave me a 4hours window and of course nobody has shown from verizon yet, it is past the window they gave me. so sick and tired of verizon!

0 Likes