Residential Line Call Log?
abnme

Is there any way to download a call log that includes incoming AND outgoing calls with date/time AND duration by phone line?  The list needs t be in some kind of format that is compatible with any normal data format, such as CSV or Excel.  

I am currently a Comcast subscriber, but I'm considering switching to Verizon, but cannot get a definite answer on this.  Comcast has this feature (no problem) and I use it currently for billing my clients for time I spend with them on the phone.  Without this log, I am lost.  I want to switch service from Comcast to Verizon, but the lack of a downloadable call log with date/time/duration is a deal killer for me.

Can someone please advise if this is possible for the Verizon home digital phone service with triple play?

0 Likes
Re: Residential Line Call Log?
prisaz
Legend

If you sign up for digital voice there are many features available, including call logs. If you sign up for standard voice service these features are not available.

Digital voice support page.

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Phone/General+Support/FiOS+Voice+Service/121355.htm

Digital voice user manual. Page 18 "Call logs".

https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/userguide/User_Guide.pdf

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

@abnme wrote:

Is there any way to download a call log that includes incoming AND outgoing calls with date/time AND duration by phone line?  The list needs t be in some kind of format that is compatible with any normal data format, such as CSV or Excel.  

I am currently a Comcast subscriber, but I'm considering switching to Verizon, but cannot get a definite answer on this.  Comcast has this feature (no problem) and I use it currently for billing my clients for time I spend with them on the phone.  Without this log, I am lost.  I want to switch service from Comcast to Verizon, but the lack of a downloadable call log with date/time/duration is a deal killer for me.

Can someone please advise if this is possible for the Verizon home digital phone service with triple play?

No way to download call logs.  The log referred to in the first answer is (1) not downloadable and (2) does not provide call duration.  To quote the manual, it provides "name (if available), number and date/time of call."  Quite a number of people would like call duration; if people keep asking perhaps it will one day be available.  Its also quite a shame that customer service could not answer this question for you directly (i.e. "cannot get a definite answer").  Either their reps do not use the service or they are told to be deliberately elusive when answering?!

Perhaps their business accounts offer more?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if you need detailed call logs then you need to call the billing office and ask for a billing account detail and they mail it to you.