Retrieving voicemails after digital change
glenda_lee_s
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello...while ordering/upgrading DVR's and whatnot several weeks ago, agreed to upgrade home phone to FIOS digital service...

We've always had the same phone number and Verizon FIOS for years..Since the digital upgrade, my access code to voicemail is no longer valid and I'm not getting any options to change it or verify it or whatever.   Did upgrading to digital do this?  How do I get the umpteen messages on my home phone?  Why did my password change?  Thank you in advance for you help and cooperation..

Glenda

Verizon All The Way/Home Internet Mobile TV etc..whatever we got it

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retrieving voicemails after digital change
prisaz
Legend

*86 works better for me. Call me lazy. Remember *86 only works from home, so it may be good to remember the number. I have forgotten the old pots number already.

View solution in original post

TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning glenda_lee_s,

The voicemail number did change with digital voice.

• Dial the FiOS Digital Voice Mail System 1.888.234.6786 (1.888.2FIOSVM)
  • Enter your phone number (if prompted) followed by pound sign [#]
  • Enter your Passcode, followed by pound sign [#].

The temporary password should be the last four digits of your home phone. You will be prompted to change the password.

Thanks,

Tonya D. 

prisaz
Legend

*86 works better for me. Call me lazy. Remember *86 only works from home, so it may be good to remember the number. I have forgotten the old pots number already.

glenda_lee_s
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you much!!  Voice message is all 're-set'!!

glenda

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@glenda_lee_s wrote:

Thank you much!!  Voice message is all 're-set'!!

glenda

You are most certainly welcome. Remember the # TonyaD_VZ posted, you will need it when away from home, and the number will work at home as instructed. I just like the shorter way, but it makes it hard to remember the regular phone number.

glenda_lee_s
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I have very ancient information...I was totally unaware of *86 short cut, and/or dialing the FiOS Digital Voice Mail System number.  I had been retrieving voice messages from my home phone , by dialing my entire home phone number to retrieve messages!  What helped me  the most was the info "your last four digits is temporary passcode".  After home phone digital upgrade, my password didn't work anymore.  Thank you all again!

Big big help!

Glenda

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

Yep. Without the passcode, getting there is not much help.

The Verizon people here are great, and most community members try to help the best they can. When the community just started there were fewer VZ people. This is a peer to peer community, where customers help customers. Over time Verizon management has devoted more resources since 2008 when it opened. This community provides a wealth of information if users use the search function. When searching the Verizon support website, many of the questions and answers come from here.

Verizon's Community voted #1.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Community-Beat/We-re-1/ba-p/370607

0 Likes