Robo calls + crackling in the line
StuartManhattan

At all hours, we get robo-calls with one message, "Please hold".  "Unknown caller" shows up on caller ID.  I called 611 and the operator put me through to the police.  That didn't help.  I also have a crackling in my line that the techs swear does not exist. But I can plug into the company box and you can hear it.  But it's so bad I cannot do business calls from home.  Help.

0 Likes
Re: Robo calls + crackling in the line
crossbowman5
Most phone companies have a number you dial (i.e. *##) to trace the last call. I have no idea what it is with Verizon (issues finding out if I am elegible) but calling tech support should help. I know Comcast does this, but the problem is getting a rep that is smart and organic.
0 Likes
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

it won't help the crackling noise but there are two things you can do for the annoying calls.

since it is coming in as unknown number, you can do an anonymous call rejection

or

call trace but only the police or verizion can pull the information.

I used to have a crackling noise on my lines but it turned out to be a bad twisted pair coming out of the pedestal. 

Message Edited by MagicMan on 05-08-2009 11:52 PM
0 Likes
larryw9999
Contributor - Level 1

You can call Vz Unlawful Call Center at 1-800-518-5507. There you will be able to find out what Vz can do to help you get rid of these calls. This is likely only open during business hours.

Hope this helps.

Larry
Verizon Telecom
Vz Voice Portals & Connection Wizard

0 Likes
phillyphone
Enthusiast - Level 3
I am not clear as to whether the original poster is talking about an anonymous or "private" call, or a call with no caller id information i.e. an "unavailable" call. If is is an unavailable call then neither ACR nor call trace will do any good.
0 Likes