Robocall Blocking
Downeast1
Enthusiast - Level 1

After a recent switch from Comcast to Verizon, I was most disappointed to find I have no call blocking capability with my Freedom Essentials phone plan.  No one informed me of this limitation before I made the switch, and Freedom Essentials is the only plan available to me.

First, the free NOMOROBO tool, which I was using very successfully with my Comcast service, will not work with Verizon Freedom Essentials, as verified by Verizon.  Second, the Verizon Call Intercept calling feature, which offers call blocking, is not available to me, only to customers who had it prior to a certain date.

Robocalls are a huge and annoying nusiance, and the absence of a capability to control them is a huge disadvantage for my Verizon plan.  Although the TV and internet offerings are working fine for me, the phone offering is sub-standard, and will affect my buying decisions in the future. 

If I am missing a Verizon capability in this area, I would appreciate any information out there.  Verizon customer service tells me I am out of luck.

0 Likes
Re: Robocall Blocking
Justin46
Legend

@Downeast wrote:

After a recent switch from Comcast to Verizon, I was most disappointed to find I have no call blocking capability with my Freedom Essentials phone plan.  No one informed me of this limitation before I made the switch, and Freedom Essentials is the only plan available to me.

First, the free NOMOROBO tool, which I was using very successfully with my Comcast service, will not work with Verizon Freedom Essentials, as verified by Verizon.  Second, the Verizon Call Intercept calling feature, which offers call blocking, is not available to me, only to customers who had it prior to a certain date.

Robocalls are a huge and annoying nusiance, and the absence of a capability to control them is a huge disadvantage for my Verizon plan.  Although the TV and internet offerings are working fine for me, the phone offering is sub-standard, and will affect my buying decisions in the future. 

If I am missing a Verizon capability in this area, I would appreciate any information out there.  Verizon customer service tells me I am out of luck.

OK, you have TV and internet service, so that means you have Verizon FiOS installed. You can't get FiOS Digital Voice along with the TV and internet? I thought everybody with FiOS could get that. And yes, NOMOROBO will work with FiOS Digital Voice, I have been using it for several years now, very happy with it. If you did not get Digital Voice, I think you should be able to get it, and then you can go back to using NOMOROBO.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)
Soon to be a Frontier FiOS customer

0 Likes
Branch1
Enthusiast - Level 3

As justin said, you need to call and upgrade to FiOS Digital Voice-- then you'll get simulatanious ring and NOMOROBO!

0 Likes
Downeast1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon tells me Digital Voice is not available in my area.  Go figure.  And I am probably paying Digital Voice prices for an inferior Freedom Essentials plan!

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are essentially the same price, but with FDV having more features and not having some of the same taxes.

Curious what area does not have FDV for customers with FIOS?  I know at one time not all areas had it, but I thought as some others did that that  was no longer the case.

0 Likes