Service Repair-Person Sleeping in Truck
WalkGood

How many times do you see a Verizon service truck pulled over on the side of the road and the repair person is asleep inside?

I see this a LOT.  No wonder repair turnarounds are so slow.  And in my area of Long island they recently laid off hundreds and hundreds of service people.  And costs go up all the time.

I have a picture of the truck and driver sleeping that I saw this morning.  Anyone know who/where I should send it to?

0 Likes
Re: Service Repair-Person Sleeping in Truck
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers.  
If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us

They have a Snail Mail option

Email option

Live Chat option

and a contact us phone number.   

0 Likes
WalkGood

This issue will not likely be "solved".   Smiley Wink

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately when techs are laid off, it puts more pressure on the ones that are still employed and things like this happen. I'm sure they're overworked and simply need a rest or less load on their back.

For now, I suppose filing a complaint with Verizon Corporate would be the best bet, but I wouldn't keep a picture of a sleeping technician in a truck due to morale.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I would think they would be allowed to rest in their truck if it's lunch, but if he's saying he see's it all the time, and it's not lunch time then IDK what to think of that.  I have seen some funny youtube video's about tech's in general falling asleep at a customers place. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm thinking you've seen the original one with the Comcast tech, correct? 😛 Yeah, that's bad.

0 Likes
WalkGood

A tech I talked with earlier in the week (same neighborhhod,  2 blocks away from Sleeping Beauty) told me OT is way down.  He wishes for FiOS work so he can get more hours.

BTW Sleeping beauty was sleeping from 9:00AM  to at least 9:35AM.  Maybe more since I didn't go down that road again til late afternoon.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That's news to me (well, maybe not). Once Verizon decides to boost FiOS expansion again, if ever, they should come up my way and wire my area up 🙂 . Lots of people around here asking me about it (since I seem to be the one who knows this info apparently, lol) and when it will be available. Seems people around here simply want to get rid of their DSL lines and move to FiOS, or switch from the Cable company. No surprise considering how heavily it is marketed in this area.

WalkGood

Kills me that FiOS is NOT in my area yet.  There is some kinda dispute between Verizon and the town board here in Crookhaven Long Island.  Town is too buddy-buddy with local Cablevision.  Verizon won't put much effort or resources into maintaining the deteriorating copper lines either.

0 Likes