Setting up a fax machine
shotcaller6c
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Epson et-4500 and disappointed 😔 that the tech did not do when first set up.. never had this problem with optimum and when I looked 👀 at the FIOS equipment there’s no place to use a double jack for the phone  and the one that is available already has a double jack in it already

I’d love to know what to do 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

0 Likes
Re: Setting up a fax machine
jonjones1
Legend

@shotcaller6c wrote:

I have a Epson et-4500 and disappointed 😔 that the tech did not do when first set up.. never had this problem with optimum and when I looked 👀 at the FIOS equipment there’s no place to use a double jack for the phone  and the one that is available already has a double jack in it already

I’d love to know what to do 🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

I have have that printer/fax/scanner/copier with the two years of ink. Great machine.

while I don’t use Fios for my phone service, I do use a VoIP service which I hook into my router, I then take the phone line and put it in the PHONE IN spot on the all-in-one and another telephone RJ-11 into my VoIP doggle. This way it works great.

now you have a few options. You can get rid of Fios phone service and save a ton of money on fees and taxes and surcharges and purchase a $35 MagicJack GO which comes with 6-12 months of free service. You can even port out your number for $20 to them. Set the baud rate to 9600 on the Eason in the fax set up menus and use as I do.

i also have a MagicJack GO near by and simply can plug that in if I want to fax without using the voipo service. 

Your other avenue of use is to get a three way splitter which may work but again it was in the past when I had a similar issue kind of iffy.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

On the back of a fax there will be two ports. Line and ext. take the cord from wall and plug into “line” then plug the cord from your phone into “ext” and then you wont need to split it. 

jonjones1
Legend

@Edg1 wrote:

On the back of a fax there will be two ports. Line and ext. take the cord from wall and plug into “line” then plug the cord from your phone into “ext” and then you wont need to split it. 

I believe I already told the poster how to connect.

and other avenues to use so as not to use a splitter. And a splitter if all else fails.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The poster said the splitter was full so I told them how to connect it another way. You told them that you use voip and magic jack. Not how to hook in up. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

(Quote)while I don’t use Fios for my phone service, I do use a VoIP service which I hook into my router, I then take the phone line and put it in the PHONE IN spot on the all-in-one and another telephone RJ-11 into my VoIP doggle. This way it works great.(/quote)

the process is the same. It can be a VoIP service like Verizon has, copper line phone that Verizon uses or any other type of phone service.

as long as you can place the line in to the proper spot on the printer/all in one and hook the line out to a phone device/fax the process is the same.

the original poster said their splitter was full. I recommended the three way splitter which I also cautioned may not always function.

my answer then as now was totally correct nor needed any expansion on.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok well the way I told the poster was correct too. And they would need to buy anything extra or change anything. If I want tk expand on something then I will. If I hurt your feelings then tol bad. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Please remember to keep all comments courteous and respectful. Thank you.

0 Likes