Setting up home phone line and scheduling technician question
chopsuper

I am experiencing the worst customer service i've ever dealt with. First it took 3attempts to set up a home phone line. Verizon scheduled me between 8am-12pm the first time and came around 2:30, no one was there. Second time we scheduled between 12p-4p, they came around 8:30am. No one was there. Then they wanted to schedule again 5 days later. I wasn't having it, so they schedule next day (Sat) between 8am-12pm. Finally a technician came. He installed a new phone line. I needed this line for my son who was coming home on house arrest. All of this was explained to Verizon. The longer it took them to install the line, the longer he would be in jail. After the line was installed, my son came home on Friday, 7/3. Some time on Sat 7/4 The line stopped working, and 1am he was re-arrested because there was no phone service.Today is the 9th and still there is no service. I sat in my cvar this morning from 7:45am to 1:15 pm waiting for a technician who was supposed to be there between 8am-12pm. After numerous clls to Verizon, and numerous promises to call me back, no one ever called back, and the phone is still not on. I have never had a customer service experience as bad as this EVER! I am so glad I have my wireless with Sprint. I have Verizon FIOS at my home in Jersey, but this phone is in Philly. To top it off, one Verizon employee tells me today that The house arrest equipment doesn't work with fiber optics. Why wasn't I told this when I first ordered the service? I'm still waiting for a Verizon Supervisor to call. My last call, i was conviently disconnected while being transferred to a supervisor. Because of Verizon's no care attitude, now it will probably take another week before my son is released again.

0 Likes
Re: Setting up home phone line and scheduling technician question
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi chopsuper,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes