Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Solution for Blocking > 10 Numbers

Ken_B
Contributor
Contributor

Solution for Blocking > 10 Numbers

Message 1 of 1
(656 Views)

I don't know about you, but I'm receiving more and more unwanted calls -- telemarketers, beggars, political advertising, "research," robocalls, you name it. Although many people have requested that Verizon increase the blacklist beyond 10 numbers, this still remains a limitation of the Digital Voice service.

Last month I decided to look around for another solution and stumbled on Phone Tray software (phonetray.com). I purchased a callerID-capable modem they recommended (from Amazon: Hiro H5006 for $11) and downloaded and installed the free program on an old PC. I connected the phone line to the PC and configured the software according to the directions. I added the 10 numbers from my Digital Voice blacklist, along with about 10 more from recent pests. There are a variety of rules to govern which calls get answered automatically and several pre-recorded messages that can be played before hanging up (including the standard 3-tone shriek that signals autodialers they've called an invalid number).

My experience so far has been great. The phone does ring once before the call is intercepted, but that's a small price to pay for this kind of call screening.

Old PC - free

Software - free

Modem - $11

Digital pest control - Priceless

Ken

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.