Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Spam phone call every 7 minutes for hours

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Spam phone call every 7 minutes for hours

Message 1 of 2
(171 Views)

We've been getting phone spam calls every 7 minutes for the past few hours.  The first 6 digits are the same as our home line, but the last four are random. - so it's different each time.    How do we make this stop????   It's making our phone unusable.

Note: It's a scam robocall that's telling me my Apple Cloud has been breached.   Norobo is activated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Re: Spam phone call every 7 minutes for hours

Message 2 of 2
(136 Views)

If this were a cellular device, there are settings in iOS and Android to receive calls only from contacts. However I don’t use the verizon home phone junk but a separate VOIP service which has caller filtering. On one service the caller must physically touch a random number to have the call go through. (MagicJack) on the other service I have nomorerobo and a feature to either enter each spam that gets through or a blanket block similar to cellular of receive only from the contacts list. I get zero spam calls.

*(Voiply)is the second service. 

With both you can port your same number and like I said you then will have these spam blocking abilities. MJ is $40 with a free year of service, the Voiply is five times more expensive but works. Huge savings over verizon phone service.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.