Re: Terrible static
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@SAM_MCFARLAND wrote:

My mother has terrible static on her line. we ran a scan and it was suggested she go to her indoor box and try to plug a phone in that jack.  what would that prove?

How do I get a technician to look at her outside wires? 

She's called the 800 number and had too many options.

She's 84 and probably won't be able to do much inside her home.

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: Static on Lines
Rovery

I have had this static problem for several months.   When it first started, if you stayed on the line long enough, it would die down.  Lately though, the landlines cannot be used. The static is too loud.  I have call and spoke to a "technician" twice and they have me running through the troubleshooting steps without success.  I am at the point also where I want to cancel FIOS, all of it. I called today and could not get through to anyone in the technical problem department.  I was on hold with my cell phone for over 50 minutes.

0 Likes
byteme3
Enthusiast - Level 2

How much did that cost? Or did verizon pick up the tab because it was outside?

Regards,

Byteme

0 Likes
DaveBuffalo

I had a very annoying problem for months with Intermittent static on both the land line and FiOS line on my 2-line home office phone.  Verizon checked out both the internal and external wiring and said it was OK.  I tried a new phone and the intermittent static still occurred.  I changed the cables.  Somebody told me it could be interference from my CELLPHONE, and sure enough that was the problem!  I would often leave my cellphone sitting on the desk just a few inches from the landline phone.  That was causing the static... but only intermittently for like 20 seconds every 5 minutes.

0 Likes