Strange Telephone Call
TalkingDiva

Hello. On Wednesday January 28, I received a telephone call from a credit card company. It was a recording talking about my credit card. I immediately hung up the telephone.

What was strange is, when I looked at the Caller Id, there were my initials and telephone number. I thought that to be strange. If the credit card company was placing a call to me, it seems there name and telephone number would have appeared on my Caller Id, instead of my information. 

I would like to have that investigated, because I pay bills via telephone. I don't know if someone was trying to hack into my telephone. But it's a matter that needs attention immediately. 

I would appreciate your help in this matter.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Strange Telephone Call
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other uses here.

Nobody was trying to "hack into your telephone."  In fact, there is nothing to "hack" into.  Your personal information and security of your telephone account has not been compromised.

What you've seen is something called "spoofing."  It is actually very easy for a VoIP user to insert whatever CallerID information they want displayed.  That's what happened to you.  It is best to ignore any call that has your own phone number as the CallerID, as it is most likely a spoofed call.

Enjoy.

Re: Strange Telephone Call
TalkingDiva

Thank you so much for responding. 

0 Likes