Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

Strange Telephone Calls

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Strange Telephone Calls

Message 1 of 3
(723 Views)

Lately I am getting telephone calls that say unknown and they are missing a number.  Like 20-175-0346 was one of the numbers that recently called.  What kind of a number is that? Since switching to Verizon from Optimum, I am bombarded with calls from whoever.  I do not answer any of them, they never leave a message, but it bothers me that I am paying for this.   ACR does nothing.  So do I pay extra to have what 20 calls blocked?  I need more than that.  Call intercept is gone.  I can set my phone to do not disturb but that is not the answer.  I can keep ignoring the calls but they aggravate me.  I cannot get rid of my telephone service because my husband's family is in Portugal.  Having an unlisted number did nothing.  So Verizon, what is the answer? Switching back to Optimum?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: Strange Telephone Calls

Message 2 of 3
(693 Views)

@Tondeb24 wrote:

Lately I am getting telephone calls that say unknown and they are missing a number.  Like 20-175-0346 was one of the numbers that recently called.  What kind of a number is that?

That looks like a non US phone number.  20 is the country code for Egypt.

When you switched to Verizon did you get a new number?  If so that could explain why you are now getting so many unwelcome calls. 

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Strange Telephone Calls

Message 3 of 3
(620 Views)

I would suggest the Digitone Caller ID/Block.  We seem to be getting a lot of unwanted calls to and to only be able to block 10 of them online is ridiculous.  You could also get a Google Voice number and use that.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.