Switch Account

Sudden loss of full duplex on landline

Sudden loss of full duplex on landline

Highlighted
Contributor powlefa
Contributor
Message 1 of 1
(3,552 Views)

About a week ago, I noticed that there was no duplex on my landline calls. I would be speaking, and the person to whom I was speaking would start talking at the same time. I was not talking to fast-speaking New Yorkers who are schooled in the arts of interruption, so it was not a behavioral problem. I believe the problem is that my phone service has suddenly converted itself into a single duplex device--only one side of a conversation could be accommodated at a time.

I can imagine the time-wasting potential of trying to deal with Verizon's repair service. Can anyone in this forum suggest a home-brew way to deal with my problem? (Of course, if it's something gone bad on Verizon's lines outside the house, I can't do anything.)

This problem is completely unrelated to cell phone or broadband. My landline setup is totally separate from the others.

Thanks.

--Fred Powledge

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.