Switch Account

Suddenly Getting Telemarketer Calls After Fios Install

Suddenly Getting Telemarketer Calls After Fios Install

Highlighted
Copper Contributor tomryn
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 2
(506 Views)

I had Fios installed less than a week ago, and brought over my old number.  I immediately started receiving numerous (more than eight per day) telemarketing calls every day from (213) 725 5289.  The caller is leaving a recorded message OF a recorded message.  Sometimes before the recording starts, I hear the end of my phone number in a computer voice, so I believe it is an autodialer.

It appears to be related to the Verizon install.  Somehow this telemarketer is getting new install numbers.  I looked up this number online, and it looks like several people reported getting many phone calls from this telemarketer immediately after a Verizon phone install.  The calls are originating in California, and my number is on the East Coast.

Prior to the install, I never had many telemarketing calls.  Also I have been on the government "Do Not Call" list for some time, and my current status with DoNotCall is active.  I have reported this number on the DoNotCall.gov site, however I am still being innundated with calls and voicemails from this number with the same message every day. 

The message is:

Hi this is Jenna with direct buy calling to reserve your spot for our local open house showing. If you could give us a call 888 445 7436 to get your free 30 day member pass and enter for the 50,000 home makeover.

I understand that I can block this number, but this shouldn't be happening in the first place.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Copper Contributor Poorfellow
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 2
(453 Views)

Hi,

You should probably start by filing a complaint both on the DoNotCall website, as well as the FCC website.  A company with whom you have never done business should not be calling you if you are registered, particularly with an auto-dialer.

You may also try calling that toll-free number, and ask to be removed.

If the above doesn't work to your satisfaction, there is always *57 for call trace (small charge per use), and various potential legal channels in some cases.  Please do research as to your options -- the Do Not Call website is a great starting point.

Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.