Switch from pulse dialing to tone dialing

Switch from pulse dialing to tone dialing

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor gerryl
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(412 Views)
I have one hard wired push-button phone and three wireless push-button phones on my FIOS phone system. The wireless phones use tone dialing when making a call, but the wired phone defaults to pulse dialing. The wired phone used tone dialing before I got FIOS. How can I switch the wired phone to default to tone dialing? Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 3
(395 Views)

@gerryl wrote:
I have one hard wired push-button phone and three wireless push-button phones on my FIOS phone system. The wireless phones use tone dialing when making a call, but the wired phone defaults to pulse dialing. The wired phone used tone dialing before I got FIOS. How can I switch the wired phone to default to tone dialing? Thank you.

The setting is normally on a switch on the phone. The old rotary phones did not have tone anything. Being that phones today are so cheap. Buy a up to date one that has that tone/pulse switch.

yes it is also good to have a hardwire phone in case of power outrage. But i don’t believe fios digital phone has the ability outside of a battery back up to be active in event of power loss.

Contributor gerryl
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(352 Views)
Thank you for this response. Based on your suggestion, I searched the phone and found the small tone/pulse selector slide switch hidden away. A simple flip of the switch solved the problem. I feel foolish for not having found this myself, but appreciate your guidance.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.