Switch from pulse dialing to tone dialing
gerryl1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have one hard wired push-button phone and three wireless push-button phones on my FIOS phone system. The wireless phones use tone dialing when making a call, but the wired phone defaults to pulse dialing. The wired phone used tone dialing before I got FIOS. How can I switch the wired phone to default to tone dialing? Thank you.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switch from pulse dialing to tone dialing
jonjones1
Legend

@gerryl wrote:
I have one hard wired push-button phone and three wireless push-button phones on my FIOS phone system. The wireless phones use tone dialing when making a call, but the wired phone defaults to pulse dialing. The wired phone used tone dialing before I got FIOS. How can I switch the wired phone to default to tone dialing? Thank you.

The setting is normally on a switch on the phone. The old rotary phones did not have tone anything. Being that phones today are so cheap. Buy a up to date one that has that tone/pulse switch.

yes it is also good to have a hardwire phone in case of power outrage. But i don’t believe fios digital phone has the ability outside of a battery back up to be active in event of power loss.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@gerryl wrote:

The setting is normally on a switch on the phone. The old rotary phones did not have tone anything. Being that phones today are so cheap. Buy a up to date one that has that tone/pulse switch.

yes it is also good to have a hardwire phone in case of power outrage. But i don’t believe fios digital phone has the ability outside of a battery back up to be active in event of power loss.

gerryl1
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thank you for this response. Based on your suggestion, I searched the phone and found the small tone/pulse selector slide switch hidden away. A simple flip of the switch solved the problem. I feel foolish for not having found this myself, but appreciate your guidance.