Switched from landline to mobile

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Switched from landline to mobile

Message 1 of 2
(507 Views)

Hello,

On Nov. 13 I went into my local Verizon store and asked about starting a Verizon prepaid wireless plan and porting my landline number (Verizon) to the cell phone and then discontinuing the landline service. The very nice gentleman did this. After 2 days my cellphone received a text from Verizon saying it could send and receive calls. It worked as it was supposed to, and the landline became inactive.

I asked the rep at the time of sale if I would be credited for any remaining unused time on the landline as I had already paid my bill for the period 10/28-11/27. He said I should. He also said I should receive paperwork in the mail reflecting the change. I have not as of yet.

Two questions: 1) Is he correct? and 2) When I enter my now mobile number (previously landline) in the login space for My Verizon, it is not recognized. When I try to add it to my profile, it doesn't accept it as a valid mobile number. Am I just premature and all the stars haven't aligned properly yet?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Switched from landline to mobile

Message 2 of 2
(454 Views)

Two questions: 1) Is he correct?
I've heard mixed results on here about getting a pro rated credit. 

2) When I enter my now mobile number (previously landline) in the login space for My Verizon, it is not recognized. When I try to add it to my profile, it doesn't accept it as a valid mobile number. Am I just premature and all the stars haven't aligned properly yet?
You won't go to the My Verizon login anymore. That is only for landline. Verizon Wireless will have a similar site to log into. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.