Re: Switched to fios triple play and now I can't receive some calls with new digital voice service
RebeckyL

I am having the EXACT same problem.  I can receive phone calls from cell phones (no matter who the provider is) but my family and friends (some have verizon others have something else) cannot call my home number.  I cannot call my house from my work number (a verizon number) and get through.  I get a "no longer in service" message. 

I have already talked to a tech who said it was my phone line, the people calling me were at fault or "oh maybe your phone is broken...."  3 hours with them and nothing has changed!

Are you saying their only solution was for you to go back to the old FIOS phone service?  That's what I had before I upgraded 3 weeks ago.  Since then I only get phone calls from telemarketers!!!  None of my friends can get through.

I also don't get voice mail any longer.  The digital voicemail doesn't recognize my home phone number as an account on the system and the old voice mail won't pick up the calls that do get through.  I'm actually using an ANSWERING MACHINE again!  My husband didn't even know we had an answering machine.  Good grief.

0 Likes
Re: Switched to fios triple play and now I can't receive some calls with new digital voice service
ebanzuela
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great, not exactly what I wanted to hear about FDV.

I've been trying to get my old phone number ported to Verizon for over a month now and apparently they can only do it by switching me over to digital voice from standard.   For almost a month, my phone's been dead since they decided to kill my new number without porting over the old number!   If they ever get this sorted out, I'm afraid I'll be looking at even bigger problems.  Didn't expect this kind of mess from a phone company, that's for sure.

0 Likes
jct5

I called on Tuesday to switch my phone service back to fios standard.  Well that entered me into a new two year contract, which I wasn't worried about, as long as my phone worked.  Guess what.  Since Tues my phone has been dead.  NOTHING!  So I called Fios Escalation department on Wednesday and they said they would have to put in a ticket.  As of 4:00 yesterday I can make calls, but when ANYONE calls in it rings once and says that the number is NO LONGER IN SERVICE.  I'm trying to get through to the escaltion department right now.  THIS BETTER BE FIXED TODAY or else I'm contacting the Better Business  Bereau and the President of Verizon. 

0 Likes
jct5

Saturday night I emailed the Verizon CEO.  Maybe Verizon will finally resolve my issue.

I also just checked the Verizon In-Home Agent, voicemail setup option.  It says that my order is still pending.  How is that, when all I needed to have done is have them switch me from Fios digital voice to my old Standard Fios Phone service.  I called last Tuesday to switch.  I can call out but not receive any calls.  The greeting people get when they call me is " this number is no longer in service."  COME ON VERIZON....GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER!!!!

0 Likes