Terrible Customer Service on Land Line/DSL outage

Terrible Customer Service on Land Line/DSL outage

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Terrible Customer Service on Land Line/DSL outage

Message 11 of 11
(3,102 Views)
Same thing happened here on Saturday 6/13- a storm caused an outage of phone & DSL service to which several associates claimed was "just our line",  or "a cluster problem", and couldnt send service tech out for 3 days- so we relied on our iPhone AT&T service to get us thru what turned into a week without service- no fax, no phone, no DSL. On Thurs 6/18 they said "stay home between 8am- 7pm and a tech will come out". We spent my daughters birthday waiting for a guy who didnt show. They call at 6:30 pm and say- "sorry we couldnt get to you- can we come tomorrow". We spend all of Fri waiting for nobody to show. I cancelled all my appointments, work etc we cant fax or email from our business computer....... 6pm rolls around and finally up the street comes a tech- he says sorry I couldnt find your house and the phone number dispatch gave me was the one thats not working. BRILLIANT. He says I work in the contracting dept for verizon and cant fix it- they need to flip a switch at headquarters and reassign the line- it takes about 5 minutes. My verizon cell phones never got reception at my house becasue theyre too cheap to use the tower 2 doors away at the firehouse / they nag me night and day with wasted paper mailings and phone sales about buying FIOS- fat chance! They even promised my bill would be pro rated to remove the week we were out of service. Didnt happen. I read in MacWorld where Apple doesnt want to open the iPhone to verizon service plans- I think I can guess why.  Moral of the story why pay verizon 92.00 to get the run around when you can pay 82.00 to AT&T and get full reception, reliable service, and portable internet access?  Its a No Brainer. We're moving soon and will be buyng utilities for the new home. We'll be seeking out a company who can stand behind their product as reliably as we pay our bill.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.