Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Testing FIOS Digital Voice for fax

Qacer
Contributor
Contributor

Testing FIOS Digital Voice for fax

Message 1 of 8
(6,841 Views)

Hello there,

For those with Verizon FIOS Digital Voice, do you think you can ring up Hotwire's fax number

262-364-2419 using your Verizon line? You don't even have to use a fax machine. Just use your regular phone.

Please let me know if you just get a continuous ring or if you actually hear the fax machine pick up after a few rings. If you are FIOS Digital Voice and you are able to hear the fax tones, please let me know where you are located. 

I have a bit of curiosity with my Digital Voice line. I tried sending a fax to Hotwire's fax number with my line, and all I get is a continuous ring. I don't even hear the fax tones. However, if I call up using my cell phone, I immediately here the fax tones after one ring.

I've called up Verizon tech support, and they've passed me back and forth between customer service and another tech support rep. They said that the reason why the machine on the other line does not pick up when I call from my Verizon phone is because their fax machine does not support fax calls from FIOS Digital Voice.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
VZ_Ron
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Testing FIOS Digital Voice for fax

Message 2 of 8
(6,775 Views)

Hey Qacer, did you try putting an 1 in front of the fax number or can you try calling the number again.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Qacer
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 8
(6,761 Views)

Hi Ron,

Yes, I did try dialing the number with and without a 1. It still rang continuously.

Another FIOS Digital Voice user from Staten Island, NY tested the number and he heard the fax tones. Others have proposed that the ring cadence (ringing pattern) is not recognized by the fax number on the other line, but if a Staten Island user is able to get thru the number, then why can't one from Florida?

Thanks!

VZ_Ron
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 4 of 8
(6,748 Views)

Hey Qacer, do you have any features on your phone line turn on like call block that maybe causing the fax machine not to recognize the call from your line.

Ron
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan. Follow us on Twitter™!

Qacer
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 8
(6,694 Views)

Hi Ron,

The only feature I have enabled is call waiting. I don't have call block on.

Thanks!

GaryDoug
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 6 of 8
(6,573 Views)

Here's a free fax number you can call in case you want to test the fax machine. It's run by HP and will receive your fax and then send you one back in 5 minutes or less. It is at  1-888-473-2963

prominent
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(2,142 Views)

GARY

please explain how this fax service work from HPHere's a free fax number you can call in case you want to test the fax machine. It's run by HP and will receive your fax and then send you one back in 5 minutes or less. It is at 1-888-473-2963

GaryDoug
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 8 of 8
(2,134 Views)

It's pretty much as I posted here. Send any fax (any sheet with anything on it) to that number and they will send a fax back in return withing a few minutes. I just tried it a few minutes ago and already got a return fax.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title