Two Phone Lines Converted to FiOS -- One Now Shows _1_ Prefix On Received Caller ID Info
jgs

Since converting two copper residential phone lines to FiOS on 1/28, one of my phone lines is now displaying a  _1_ prefix before the ten digit caller ID info when receiving calls.  The other phone line does not display the  _1_ before the caller ID info.  This did not occur on either line before FiOS was installed.

I've had a trouble ticket open for about a week and have talked to several different Verizon technicians while they were trying to diagnose my problem.  I was rather surprised this evening to find my trouble ticket closed and stating the issue is due to an inside wire, jack, or telephone equipment related problem.  My problem still exists, I don't know how this could be due to inside wiring or equipment, and I have tested multiple phone sets on both lines to verify the results.

Any thoughts or suggestions?  I have already submitted a new trouble ticket.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Two Phone Lines Converted to FiOS -- One Now Shows _1_ Prefix On Received Caller ID Info
jgs

I just tested at the ONT. 

Caller ID information for calls to the first phone line display 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX, while Caller ID for calls to the other phone line display XXX-XXX-XXXX.

I think this eliminates the possibility of the -1- prefix problem being due to inside wiring, jacks, or equipment.

Thanks

0 Likes