Two weeks for service
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have been having trouble with my  land line for months. The problem never really was fixed now last week tech was scheduled for 11 days from day  I called problem resolved hours later so I cancelled repair ticket now on Thanksgiving phones went dead again service ticket for Dec.8th almost two weeks is this for real. Is this in my area or all over.I only have a landline because my cell gets bad service in my neighborhood so having my land line fail every couple months is not worth having if I have to wait weeks to have it fixed. Maybe I should get a different cell phone provider instead of having two bills and cancel my landline.

0 Likes
Re: Two weeks for service
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Followed link on pm and submitted waiting on response.Thank you.

0 Likes
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was told that my calls would be forwarded to cell still nothing how long could it possibly take?

0 Likes
BJK8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please note the posting below yours ('5th day total phone outage in Jamaica..').

Do you live in Jamaica, or elsewhere in SE Queens? 

A cable servicing many customers failed the night of this past Tuesday's rainstorm, is still being worked-on.

Would be interested in knowing how widespread this outage was/is.

0 Likes
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

No actually sunny Englewood,Florida

0 Likes
BJK8
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apologies, I was under the impression that the forums were regionally focussed.

The infrastructure of the NYC landline system is vast and old, and greater frequency of outage could be expected.

However, it's the obligation of Verizon to maintain ALL its systems (not just the new, profitable fiber optic systems)

so that the reliability is higher than it is currently.

0 Likes
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

@mariav59 wrote:

Was told that my calls would be forwarded to cell still nothing how long could it possibly take?

Still waiting on answer I was informed by private message that all my calls would be forwarded to cell and I've still to receive a call . All calls going to my home phone are answered with a recording that says "your call cannot be completed as dialed please hang up and try again,check area code ......." It's like my number does not exist.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Mariav59, please private message the agent who assisted you and explain that it did not help.

0 Likes
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Already tried that. This has been going on for  four days. I am sure you don't want to hear about all the calls I need to be getting so I wont bother with that .I just need calls to come in while I wait for service.

0 Likes