Re: Two weeks for service
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for having my calls forwarded this morning ,although it couldn't be done to my cell (still can't understand why) I am happy to at least have them go to another family member.This is at least some help until problem can be resolved.

0 Likes
LeftoutCust

Sorry to hear you're having troubles too.  We are having problems in Santa Clara County, California for a month now (but bet we'll still get charged huh).

Been waiting on our service ticket for 1 week now -- waiting for Verizon to fix their network problems even after Verizon was made aware of our difficulties in calling 911 twice.   

I didn't call at first (after the third week of bad reception) because my neighbor said she called it in already.  Later when it didn't go away and I couldn't hear over the loud buzzing anymore, then I asked her what happened.  She said that the technician came out and fixed one of her lines but wouldn't fix her other landline because it wasn't specified on the workorder eventho he agreed the problem wasn't due to her equipment but was from Verizon's network and then left.      

I don't understand how Verizon can expect all these customers to keep paying for a utility that is is not working and still not attempt to fix it after they've become aware of it.        

After we've made Verizon aware of the two 911 calls in the middle of the night and how we couldn't tell 911 what the emergency was.  We don't own a cell phone and had no internet access.  Verizon said we'd be upgraded in priority with medical emergency.  But it's now 6 days later now and still no status and no phone.  It's very dangerous so we Had to go out and purchase this wireless internet system now so can try to find out what's wrong with Verizon and look for a new company.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello LeftouCust

A Verizon agent with access to your account information will reach out to you shortly via private message or the email associated with your account.

0 Likes
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

TEN DAYS WITH NO SERVICE AND I STILL HAVE FOUR MORE DAYS UNTIL A TECH EVEN COMES OUT. NOT TO SAY HE WILL FIX THE PROBLEM THAT DAY. LUCKILY I HAVE CELL PHONE ALTHUOGH LANDLINE WAS BECAUSE I GET REALLY POOR CELL SERVICE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD.THIS IS RIDICULOUS NOT EVERYONE ONE HAS A CELL OR CAN EVEN AFFORD ONE MAYBE VERIZON SHOUL PASS OUT CELL PHONES AND FREE SERVICE WHILE WE WAIT  I BET WE WOULNT WAIT SO LONG THEN

0 Likes
SoontobeOptimum

I have had a very similar story.  I live in Yonkers, NY near the border with New York City.  My land line has a constant loud hum, crackles of static, and every couple of months goes out completely.  Now, although we can still make outgoing calls, incoming calls produce no ring, no connection.  I reported the problem on 11/22/11, was given an appointment on 11/28/11 with a promise to solve the problem within 1-2 days.  To date, 12/3/11, no progress on the problem, and no communication from Verizon.  As others have commented, Verizon has no problem sending a bill for service they don't deliver.  On my last service call, I was told straight out that Verizon believes that the old lines should not be updated, and instead we should all switch to FIOS, which would give us better service.  It would also do wonders for Verizon's bottom line.

Therefore, as soon as I get service back, I will be switching to Opimum Voice.  I will save money and have a fraction of the service problems.  Maybe I won't even wait until Verizon repairs the service, as that doesn't seem to likely to happen in the near future.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

After two weeks some one came out to fix line now I can get calls in but tells me all lines are busy when I try to make outgoing call  after all this again they tell me the line test says it is an inside problem again do they ever say t is their line ?????Now I have to wait ten days to get this looked at They know it is not my inside line I tried it off their stinking become on Verizon get on the ball you are just getting to be unprofessional as it gets.

0 Likes
mariav59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem finally fixed, for now. Don't know if it was my  complaint to FCC or not but I have had four Verizon reps call me to see how my line is working. And it is . What ever they did I'm thrilled lets hope it stays that way. Now I will start on seeing about refund for not having phone service for half the month That should be fun.

0 Likes
mike71754

Yes, two weeks to fix a network problem plus they require me to be home??  If it's a network issue why do I have to be home?? It does make you question the value of landline service. 

0 Likes
Re: Two weeks for service, now one month without service
SoontobeOptimum

I have now gone a full month with no telephone service in my home.  Technicians have been sent out and reportedly "fixed" the problem, only for me to find that there was no change.  I have been told that there is a "network problem", and that there was a "cable problem" and that there was an "underground cable problem " and that the service was restored.  Each time I immediately re-reported that the service problem had NOT been resolved.  Now they claim that the dial tone has been traced to my NIC, whatever that is, I think a Network Interface Thingamajig, and that I have to give up an entire day of work to be home.  The only way that I will stay home all day is for the Optimum Cable guy to come and install Optimum Voice in my house.  I have come to think that this will be the only way to resolve my problem with Verizon.  Absolutely no semblance of service in Verizon Service.  If they have the nerve to charge me for this month, I will contact the state's Attorney General's office to explore the way to have Verizon investigated for fraud and failure to provide a contracted service.  I have already sent a complaint to the FCC and the Better Business Bureau.  We'll see how far that gets me.

0 Likes