Unable to set up voice mail
cws1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I dial the number provided to me to set up my voice mail, I get a message that I am entering an incorrect phone number.  When I dial my new number directly to attempt to access voice mail that way, I get a rapid busy signal.  I have attempted to call Tech Support but with on-hold waits of 45 minutes one time and over an hour the next, I simply give up (I don't have that much time to carry the phone around waiting to reach a live representative).  Any ideas?  Are these type of waits the norm for Fios Tech Support?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to set up voice mail
cws1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get through to two customer service reps and then finally a billing/orders rep this morning (the trick is to call EARLY).  Turns out that voice mail was never added to my service even though it was part of my bundle.  Problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
cws1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get through to two customer service reps and then finally a billing/orders rep this morning (the trick is to call EARLY).  Turns out that voice mail was never added to my service even though it was part of my bundle.  Problem solved.

0 Likes
notme

I have not been able to set my voice mail up for about 6 months. it constantly goes down. Last time I actually spoke to a person I was told it was cancelled even though I never cancelled it. it is never worked. and I AM TIRED OF THIS UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE

0 Likes
colettimj

Huh, so I'm not the only one.  Switched to FIOS (all 3 services) on 4/22 and it took until last night to get someone to turn on voicemail for the account.  Today I went through the steps using the 888 number to set up my greeating and such.... but,.... there was no option to set up how many rings would trigger voicemail.

Called my home number to test and it just rings with no voicemail pickup.  I do not look forward to calling the support number again and wading through all of the voice prompts and then waiting and waiting to get a real person.

Oh, and I followed the link on fhe voice page to download the PDF instructions.  After logging on at the 888 number I'm suppsed to press "9"..... but that is an invalid choice.

I have to give Verizon credit, they've accomplished something that I thought was impossible -- they've made Comcast tech support look good.

Well done, Verzion... well done.

0 Likes