Underground line to house
Aka

Our townhouse community has all utility lines underground.  My telephone line runs about 65 feet from the local Verizon junction box to my townhouse.  From time to time this line is accidentally cut by landscaping workers because the line is only an inch or so beneath the surface of the soil in some places--sometimes even visible on top of the ground.  Isn't Verizon required to bury these lines at least 24"?

0 Likes
Re: Underground line to house
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Where I live it is the customers responsibility to have a trench dug or a conduit placed. Verizon will lay the wire once a trench or conduit it is placed.
0 Likes
Re: Underground line to house
Justin46
Legend

I think it depends a lot on where you live, and who does the work. Our utilities are all underground, the main FiOS fiber is buried pretty deep, probably a couple of feet, with a buried vault or whatever they call the thing every so often, pretty much all in the roadway right-of-way. But the fiber to each house is buried from the vault to the house only a few inches, more than one but probably not more than 5-6 at the most. If the Verizon contractor does a good job burying the fiber I don't think you will even know where it is, I know I could not find mine two days after they buried it.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.5.0
Keller, TX

0 Likes