Re: Using VCA
fjg

I have VCA on my main home phone. I recently added a second line for telecommuting (freedom essentials). All on copper.

Can I get VCA for my second phone line now or do I have to wait for VCA to support multiple numbers?

Or can I switch over from the home number to the second number to use VCA instead?

0 Likes
VCA No Longer Working & Verizon Support Is Totally Useless
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not going to sugar coat this; forgive me, but any blunt remarks are merely the truth: Smiley Indifferent

I simply moved next door, literally from apartment B to A. The fact that I need to have my service completely cancelled & ordered again from scratch seems dumb & pointless, but nonetheless, if that's the procedure, okay.

I never had a problem with VCA until this move. Once I moved, I continued to log into the Verizon website with my same username, which works fine for my Verizon.net email, Verizon.com billing, my remote DVR, etc.

However, when logged in, where I used to see the first 5 Call Log entries, I now see a screenshot advertising VCA with a big red button that says 'Click Here To Add'. However, I can't successfully add it because it then says that it is already added on my account.

When I try logging in directly at www.verizon.com/callassistant, all I seem to get is:

An error has ocurred: USERID not found. ************** 1001
AccountName = ****************
Path = 0:1:2:

where the *** are my username.

When I try to activate the service, all I get is:

We are sorry. You have not ordered Verizon Call Assistant,         
or your order has not been processed yet.  

If you have already ordered Verizon Call Assistant, you will
receive an email notification when the order has been 
completed.  

If you have not yet ordered Verizon Call Assistant, please 
contact the Verizon Business Office.  

& finally, if I try to register again for it, all I get is:

Verizon Call Assistant is already on your account. You can add or modify other services by selecting the options below. 

I'm at a point where I completely give up. I've spoken to every Verizon technical department that could possibly be involved & have gotten NO WHERE.

This is clearly a bizzare issue that no one knows what to do & its extremely frustrating as the customer to be the one handling this. Its been about 4 weeks now without my VCA service & I've spent literally a total of 8 hours on the phone with Verizon & opened over 3 cases only to get no where.

I put myself at the mercy of other customers when I ask, has anyone had this similar situation? Again, nothing complicated from my end, I moved next door within an apartment building which is less than 3 years old & pre-wired for FiOS. All of my other services work fine. My phone line & service seems to be okay, JUST my Verizon Call Assistant service is non functional nor can I seem to add it.

Does anyone have anything that could help me? This whole incident has made me consider switching back to Cable, because believe it or not, my cable company was much more advanced with the phone service. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
exMcMan

I have win7 on a Sony Vaio, FIOS internet & Freedom pckg, and I am unable to get the VCA desktop client to work.  I've been a software developer for Mac and Linux for a long time, and this application should not even be released as a beta.  It's definitely in  more of an alpha/ proof of concept  phase.   FYI, Verizon, in "beta" stage, it should WORK, just needing fine-tuning.

1. Desktop Client Login fails.  Yes, after signing up for the service, and using ALL CAPS FOR THE USER NAME LOGIN.  Still comes up as "not recognized".

2.  Desktop client GUI - WILL NOT GO AWAY.  I mean, seriously, I can't get it to quit or even minimize unless I kill it with Task Manager.  And although I DID NOT check "start at login", when I reboot, there it is, happily hogging my screen with its cheerful **bleep** face.

3.  Web interface? Pfft.  I used to have Vonage.  Take a look at their interface, Verizon.  Thats what you should be doing.    I cannot listen to voice mails or even get the full screen "Home Phone" page.  The little embedded window in the "MyAccount" page at least shows the logged calls and who has left voice mail, but when I click on the link to go to "Show All Calls", it borks.  "Error - Please Try Again Later."   Totally unacceptable.     BTW I am using Firefox.  I DON"T CARE IF YOU WANT ME TO USE INTERNET EXPLODER-  I AM NOT USING IT, AND NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND SHOULD.

Is anyone at Verizon actually working on this thing?  I tried the livechat with tech support and they referred me to a 800 number for specific VCA issues.  Ok, heres the kicker.  I'm DEAF.  My wife uses the phone, and I use email or videochat w/ sign language.  But I still need to know who is calling, and to be able to access voice mail (even if I have to get her to listen to it).    My wife is NOT going to get on the phone to VCA's 800 # and listen to techbabble.  I'm hearing-impaired, shes tech-impaired, see?

Any definitive answer regarding this "feature" would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
DaveCass
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does VCA work with sub-mailboxes?  When I try to enter the sub-mailbox passcode, I get an error.  It will only accept the main mailbox number.

0 Likes
Re: VCA No Longer Working & Verizon Support Is Totally Useless
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

Problem may lie with the fact of the cancellation and new order. Your old login is likely pointing to your old account. You may need new account for the new location...

As to the question of "are other experiencing"... Look at and join the appropriate stickied threads above. That is where this post likely shold have started. From the number of stickies and the number of pages on some of those threads I would say there are some others with problems

0 Likes
New VCA Not Working. I want the old version back!
scott429

Finally broke down and called Tech support today.

I've got Win7 Ulitmate 32bit. Old version of desktop software worked fine, new version not so much.

Application menu items don't work, "Profile," "Settings," "Feedback" for example. They're not greyed out, but they don't do anything and no error message.

All I really want to do is mute the application's ringer. It's really jarring, and the phone's ringing anyway.

Tech Support said it's not compatible with Win7 and told me to set Compatibility Mode to Vista. No change. She then checked elsewhere and told me these are known problem with the app.

I asked for the old version back. She said she couldn't do it.

She also suggested I could just turn off my computer speakers.

So, good job Verizon! Upgraded software with reduced functionality and/or built in bugs! And no way to go back to the working version. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: VCA No Longer Working & Verizon Support Is Totally Useless
Logger58

I'm having the same problems and getting the same messages.  I've spend hours on the phone with Verizon and have gotten no where.  Does anyone know the answers as to how to get call assistant to work?

0 Likes
Can't login to call assistant anymore, and support pages don't work
RobWilJas78

Hi everyone, I am extremely frustrated right now. I have had FIOS internet/TV/phone for quite some time now, and have been pretty happy with it. Now I'm having a problem though.

Whenever I get a voicemail the system emails me as it should, but I can no longer log in to listen to the website to get my messages. I always get the error message:

An error has ocurred: User id was null
AccountName =
Path = 0:1:2:

----------------------------

This has been going on for a few weeks now. Today I tried to go to the support page for home phone service and I get a message that says "Verizon does not offer this service in Washington". Well obviously they do because I have it and I live in Washington. Also I noticed on the new my verizon page it shows that I have TV and internet but no phone service. Any ideas what's going on and what I can do to fix it? Thanks. 

0 Likes
Re: Can't login to call assistant anymore, and support pages don't work
tightlines2
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having the exact same problem and tried the online chat support function and they only tell you to call their 888-483-5156 number.  Called that number and waited for ever on hold.  I want the old version back.

0 Likes
Re: Can't login to call assistant anymore, and support pages don't work
tightlines2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like Verizon fixed the problem - as I can now access the web site from the VCA client.

0 Likes