Using VCA
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please post your issues with using Verizon Call Assistant in this thread.

0 Likes
Verizon Call Assistant doesn't display correctly in Windows 7
GGATech

I installed verizon call assistant in windows 7 and the right side is cut off. It works in Vista, doesn't display correctly in windows 7.

0 Likes
Call Assistant - some suggestions
OHanlons

After running Cal Assistant for a few days, it is not obvious how to close an open window.  Say for example, when you type in part of an address book name and the entry details is displayed.  How do you return to the application main window and have the popup windows closed?

Secondly, the windows do not appear to be tailored to the screen resolution and Windows DPI size.  On my computer, much of the writing and some of the popup windows buttons are either not visible or barely visible. For example, on the recent calls window, the button in the right lower corner (assume it's Delete) only shows "De" on the push button widget.   Maybe the application can be tested with various screen resolutions and DPI.

Thirdly, I tried to synchronize with Outlook 2007.  There was no error message, no sign of a problem, yet no entries were added to the Call Assistant directory. After speaking with customer service, and learning that Outlook 2007 was not supported, I just did a CSV file export/import.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Call Assistant doesn't display correctly in Windows 7
VZ_Erik
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hmm Call Assistant is web based, so it shouldn’t have any effect with the change to Windows 7. Perhaps it has something to do with Internet Explorer 8. I believe you can use IE8 in IE7 compatibility mode, have you tried this? Just open IE8 and go to Tools menu > Developer tools. Under developer tools open the “Browser Mode” and change it to Internet Explorer 7.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Are you talking about the PC Client or accessing the VCA website in your browser?

I have Windows 7 on a new laptop, both the downloaded PC Client and the website work just fine for me. I accessed the website in both IE 8 and Firefox 5.3.3, nothing is cut off for me.

If you can clarify whether it is the PC Client or the website perhaps someone can provide more help. It would also help if you could capture a screen image of your issue and post it, Windows 7 has an easy to use screen capture tool called Snipping Tool:

Start ==> All Programs ==> Accessories ==> Snipping Tool

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
pfeifler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Erik -

Does the VCA work with FiOS Telephone?  If so, how do I set it up as I was never told about it during the install of my services.

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes
VZ_Kevin
Contributor - Level 2

@pfeifler wrote:

Erik -

Does the VCA work with FiOS Telephone?  If so, how do I set it up as I was never told about it during the install of my services.

Thanks

Mark

https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant !!!

Go there and activate !

0 Likes
ronzie1
Contributor - Level 2

It sounds like you have the text size setting at something greater than 100%.  This sets the dpi of the display to something other than the standard 96dpi.  Some poorly designed programs will not display properly under this condition.  You can change this, but all of your text and other display items will get smaller.

Right click on an empty part of your desktop, click on "Screen resolution", then click "Make text and other items larger or smaller" on the left side of the window.  Click the "Smaller - 100%" round selection box, then click the "Apply" button.  A pop-up box will tell you that you have to log off before the changes take effect, and ask if you want to do it now or later.

Here is a link to a tutorial, with pictures: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

0 Likes
Re: Using VCA
BarneyBadass

I just DL'd the 2.7.70 Client onto my Win 7 x64 system and would you beleive, when I try to install it all the buttons; (change directory; cancel; next) don't appear?

Is this client supported in on Win 7 x64?

0 Likes
Re: Using VCA
BIOG

I also have Win 7 64bit. I could not get VCA to work on my PC. I ended up uninstalling it.. I am hoping in the future they will update it, so it will work.

0 Likes