Contributor - Level 1

Go to www.verizon.com/callassistant

After you log in, there should be a download link on the top right

Re: call assistant
jp
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks for the info

0 Likes
Re: Has ANYBODY ever managed to sign up online for call Assistant??
CrustyViewer
Enthusiast - Level 1

@Justin wrote:

@CrustyViewer wrote:

I have. Call assistant seemed like a good idea at the time but after a couple months it lost it's luster.

It seems like almost everything else Verizon gets involved in outside of their base products, C-A was underdeveloped and in need of further refinement. A call to Verizon about a problem with it ususally brought amazement by the person at the other end that Verizon even had such a program! Go figure.

In the end, control over the recorded calls was the issue that spoiled the program for me. All deletions had to be done over the phone- not on my computer at a Verizon site ( this was the kind of needed software refinement I'm talking about ) and the program became burdensome. The lack of tech support and the feeling that I was immursed in some kind of experiment to see if A-S was technically viable led me to eventually cancel it.

Looking back there was great promise to the program: the idea that you could view calls coming in on your Verizon connected TV seemed futuristic and added excitement to my new Verizon triple-Play hook-up. But the A-S promise of making telephone communication easier ended up just being a pipe-dream as far as I was concerned.

One last thing: I think there was a charge for the service- not much, maybe $4-$5 per month - but it was just 'salt in the wound' to me. The program wasn't  'free' so I felt cheated somehow. I was paying for a product that Verizon wasn't supporting or further developing. The whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth that is still there today. So think twice before you leap.

Now this was a year ago that I singed-up for the program. Maybe it's been improved by now although I doubt it. There would be a push by Verizon to get us to sign-up if A-S had come of age and that isn't happening.

I have had VCA for well over a year now, works pretty well for me. But unfortunately I do not remember the process I used to get access to it Smiley Very Happy However:

1) Here is a link to the VCA website: Link On that page is a link to where you are supposed to be able to check availability and sign up. I think I used that process but am not sure, I do know I did not have to call anybody to get VCA.

2) VCA has two distinct parts;

2a) A PC client that will pop-up on your PC the calling name and number just before the phone starts to ring. This client can also be used to delete old calls, but it is only one call at a time. The PC client is optional, it is not required to install/run it to have VCA (but of course if you want to have the caller id info pop on your PC then you must have the client running).

2b) The VCA website itself. Once logged in, you can view and delete calls (delete multiple calls at a time).

3) I do not use voicemail so I have never tried to use the voicemail capabilities of VCA, but there are some.

4) The VCA website has been promising new features for months, nothing at all has happened that I know of, no new functions, features, etc. I even received an email on 11/9/2009 saying that on 11/17/2009 there will be a new version of the PC client with new functions - nada. And no further communication to explain the failure - dumb!

5) VCA is free, no charge. I don't know why you would say there is a charge, there most certainly is not.

6) There is a VCA hotline - 1-888-483-5156, I used that number back when I first signed up for VCA and had a few problems, the folks were very helpful and fixed me up. I have seen posts from others though that say they have not been able to get any help at that number.

7) I have Caller ID on TV here in North Texas. As far as I know it is only available in North Texas for now. This feature may (or may not) depend on having VCA, I don't know.

Hope this helps.

Keller, TX 76248

The difference between your usuage and mine was that I had voice mail. Any charge I saw probably related to that extra service similar to a cell phone.

The small fee aside I would still be using C-A if my voice-mails could have been viewed on my computer and sorted out from there. I'm jacked into the Internet, FIOS TV, and my telephone using the same fiber-optic cable and I can't figure out why Verizon can't strucyure Call Assistant so that I can view voicemail sources on my computer. Calling on my phone to retrieve and delete messages one at a time seems a little out of date with fiber-optic service, doesn't it?

The basic C-A program is useful to some extent but I wanted more from it and I never got the feeling Verizon was working to improve it. As I said in my last reply, when I had to call about a problem with the program and I was met with astonishment from the Verizon tech people that it even existed. That concerned me a great deal.

Call Assistant has great potential. If only Verizon seemed committed to fulfilling that potential I'd be using it today. Instead I rely on the caller ID feature to show potential callers on all the phones situated in my house ( each room ) and an answering machine. Primitive perhaps but it works.

0 Likes
Cannot sign up for Call Assistant
Cdelg

I am trying to sign up for the call assistant, but when I click "Get it Now" on https://www22.verizon.com/callassistant, It takes me to a place where I can order a new bundle. I am already on the Triple Play bundle. How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot activate Call Assistant, Caller ID does not work
adeb

I decided to add to your post because its related to VCA.  I ordered the service, I received a mailed letter dated 12.21.09 from Verizon that my service was activated.   Its not; and caller ID stopped working the same day.

When I look for a work order, it does not exist, when I go to activate the service at ; I am told I do not have the service or my order has not been completed.

The website directs me to different areas that do not help, I cannot remove Call Assistant, I have to re order a bundle.

I have the triple play, etc

I want caller ID back and I do not have the non-scheduled time to stay on the phone with Customer Service, my past experiences have been unsuccessful.

0 Likes
Re: Cannot sign up for Call Assistant
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

I  was able to order mine on like like you tried with no problems.  VCA requires certain features and switch settings to work properly.  My guess is something isn't set up properly on your account.  I would try to contact the VCA Help Desk at 1-888-483-5156 to see if they can figure out what is wrong with your accounts.

Good luck.  

MM

0 Likes
Call Assistant Not yet available on Long Island?
nyt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live on Long Island and I signed up for the Free Call Assistant via VOD which said was available.  Today I called to check on the status and the operator said it is not available on Long Island yet just the five boroughs of NYC.  Why are you saying its available but its not??

0 Likes
trying to setup Call Assistant for tv caller id......
al7601

when I check availability of tv caller id on my stb it states that I must subscribe to caller id which I already have. I'm in bergen county New Jersey which is north east jersey.  I've heard that I need VCA for the tv caller id to work but everytime I try to setup it forwards me to a page to select a bundled service, which I already have.  then if I go to account changes, there is no option for VCA any where. what gives?

0 Likes
Re: Call Assistant Not yet available on Long Island?
MagicMan
Contributor - Level 1

Are you talking about the VCA that we get on the web at verizon.com/callassistant or the vca that you get so you can see callerid on your fios tv?   If tv, do you have 1.7 on your settop box?  I saw on dslreports that the callerid on tv will only work with settop box verzion 1.7

If you are talking about the web/pc version, I thought that was available just about all over.  Try logging into www.verizon.com/callassistant.  But if you signed up on VOD (video on demand????) that might not work.   If it doesn't work, try signing up on the verizon.com/callassistant page to sign up for it.

0 Likes
VERIZON CALL ASSISTANT - WINDOWS 7
BIOG

I have "Windows 7 Ultimate" running on my computer. I just signed up for everything with "Verizon FIOS". I downloaded "Verizon Call Assistant"(VCA). It does not work well on my computer.

Things that do not work on desktop software:

Main tool bar at top:

Web Portal Option

Profile Option

Settings Option

Under "Advanced" Transparency Option

Feed Back Option

Help Option

Address Book Tool Bar:

Add Group Option

Contacts individual Click on Options:

Edit Option

Add Button at bottom of Contacts Window.

Call Logs Window:

Click on Contact, Then Edit Button

Click on Contact, The Add Button

Add Button at bottom of Window

Voice Mail Window:

(Pending, have not used, Yet.)

I guess, since "Windows 7" just came out, there has not been enough time to update VCA. Does anyone know when these Options will be available. Is this Beta Software?

Thanks

0 Likes