Re: VERIZON CALL ASSISTANT - WINDOWS 7
Justin46
Legend

I have Windows 7 Home Premium and it doesn't work on that either. It is not that you are using Windows 7, Verizon has had plenty of time to make it work on 7 (7 Beta has been available for more than a year),  it is just a new and completely redesigned version of VCA and if it is even possible, it is worse than the original VCA and the first update that came out maybe a year or so ago. I don't think Verizon ever ran it on a PC anywhere in the world before they released it Smiley Mad

I have had VCA for about 1 1/2 years, the initial release actually worked pretty well for me, I got the pop-ups when the phone was about to ring, etc. Some people had lots of trouble with the first release, consuming lots of processor and memory, I didn't. The first update for me just didn't work at all, but apparently was ok for some people - strange. And now we have this new version, which to me is just awful. I installed it and like you I found virtually nothing worked. So I don't use VCA any more. But since I have Caller ID on TV now which gives me the pop-ups, and that was really all I cared about anyhow, I have a subscription to VCA only so Caller ID will work, but I don't use the PC program at all.

Do you really want the function of VCA on your PC? If you got it only for Caller ID on your TV, there is no need to run the PC client for that to work.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
meyding

Installed it a few days ago and all of the same issues on Win 7 Professional.

0 Likes
BIOG

Thank You for the feed back. I cannot believe Verizon would even make this software available in its present state. The concept is great, I really like the possibilities of the options. Very frustrating, there has to be a programmer out of work, they could hire to fix these problems.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@BIOG wrote:

Thank You for the feed back. I cannot believe Verizon would even make this software available in its present state. The concept is great, I really like the possibilities of the options. Very frustrating, there has to be a programmer out of work, they could hire to fix these problems.

Well, if they hired an out of work programmer to work on VCA, I firmly believe he or she would be the first programmer to ever work on the program. Smiley Very Happy I think I could do better in my sleep, and I don't think I have written a program since 2001 or 2002.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you perhaps running the 64bit version?

When I saw your post I installed it on my win7 ultimate 32bit system and it appears to work OK - within the limits of the stuff that doesn't appear to do anuything under XP either.

The one bit that does seem screwed up under win7 is if you hover over the sidebar when it keeps popping up the toolbar and then reducing it until you mange to click the expand button at the bottom.

Have no idea what transparency is meant to do so assume it doesn't work in xp or win7

Is real annoying that you can only be logged on at one machine at a time and I can't work out any way to attach another userid to the telephone number.

Have not managed to get a caller id pop up to appear on xp or win7.

Is it a limitation that caller id on a tv does not work for an sd tv connected to an hd stb?

0 Likes
Re: trying to setup Call Assistant for tv caller id......
Cdelg

I am having the same exact problem...seems the only way to get it fixed is to spend a couple of hours on the phone with them...

0 Likes
Caller assistant Does not work
bellabella

I have been trying to set up VCA for a while. On the website no calls are appearing. When I try to enter voicemail password I get file not found.

0 Likes
Re: Caller assistant Does not work
sansinh

Try UN-installing the VCA and re-installing it again and see if that will help.

0 Likes
Re: Caller assistant Does not work
bellabella

I unistalled the old version and installed the new version but no change. When I sign in to the website no calls and no voicemails appear and it won't let me set up the voicemail.

0 Likes
Re: trying to setup Call Assistant for tv caller id......
mcorbo
Contributor - Level 2

Having the exact same problem here.  Not even sure if I need to have call assistant as I already have iobi.

0 Likes